View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curmudgeon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Konsole titlebars Reply with quote

Of all of the things that have deteriorated going from KDE 3 to KDE 4, I don't know if anything tops what has happened to Konsole. :(

I loved the way the titlebar (and more important, the tabs) worked before. Now it is just a piece of !@#$%^&*.

Of course I liked the way that emerge displayed what was happening before, but now, I would be thrilled to simply get just the session number and host. But of course, that won't work now.

1. It seems that local and remote hosts won't accept the same options (Why? Didn't they ever imagine that people might want them the same). Trying to put the code for the host (%h) in a local window just displays "%h" (likewise %d will display the directory on the local computer, but a literal "%d" an a remote computer.

2. If I have the directory on the local computer, and then become root, the directory never updates (it stays forever locked - displaying the directory that I issued the su command from.

3. The text is now right justified instead of left on the tabs (a complete idiocy). I want to see the session number more than anything else, but now I can't if I am in a path with a long name. Is there any way to left justify this. Of course, you can change all kinds of stupid settings that no one cares about, but something you really want? NAAAAAH! And for some completely unknown reason, the tabs display only a few characters (cutting off the rest), even with more than half of each tab blank (plenty of room to display more).

4. Referencing the above, it would be nice (at the very least) to mouse over a tab and get the complete description, but of course, it doesn't do that (is there any way to turn that ON?). On the other hand, putting the mouse over the konsole application in the KDE taskbar (left-justified there - nothing like consistency) brings up a graphical popup, which I DON'T want to see (is there any way to turn that OFF?), because it doesn't add anything to what is already displayed.

Maybe there is some easy way around all of this that I don't know about. If anyone knows of a reference (that will work with KDE 4.4, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by curmudgeon on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
d2_racing
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, go there :
Code:

Configuration
  ---> Modifying your current profile
     ----> Now select the second tab

I use this current setting :
Code:

first line : %u : %w
second line : %h : %u : %w
curmudgeon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d2_racing wrote:
Hi, go there :
Code:

Configuration
  ---> Modifying your current profile
     ----> Now select the second tab

Did you read ANYTHING I wrote?

I know WHERE to edit it. The problems are that the available options (and subsequent display) don't even come close to doing what I want.
d2_racing
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open a bugzilla on kde then.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: