Lotus Symphony on amd64
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gluemonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Lotus Symphony on amd64 Reply with quote

This is just a quick howto to get the IBM's Lotus Symphony on Gentoo amd64.

First of all grab Lotus Symphony you can follow the download from here http://symphony.lotus.com/. You'll have to register with IBM to actually get the download, which for some reason proved very difficult today.

After you have it:
Code:
chmod 755 /path/to/IBM_Lotus_Symphony_Linux.bin
/path/to/IBM_Lotus_Symphony_Linux.bin

Okay now that you've gone that far you need to make sure you have all the appropriate emul-linux-x86 items installed. Here is a list of what I have:
Code:
equery l i emul-linux-x86
[ Searching for package 'emul-linux-x86' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [ -] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-10.2 (0)
[I--] [ -] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-compat-1.0-r3 (0)
[I--] [ ~] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-gtklibs-11.0 (0)
[I--] [ -] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-java-1.6.0.02 (1.6)
[I--] [ -] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-10.0-r1 (0)
[I--] [ ~] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-10.1 (0)
*updated this list, using a new install on an athlon64

I am not sure exactly which ones you need but apparently that set works. I would suggest installing app-portage/gentoolkit to make sure you have all the above installed. You will also need a couple of extra 32bit libraries not in the emul-linux-x86 packages. The first is libxkbfile.so.1 and the second is libgnomecanvas-2.so.0. In my first attempt to get it install I copied them off another Gentoo ~x86 system. That didn't work because the libgnomecanvas-2.so.0 had an undefined reference that art_free, apparently this is something in >=libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.19, the copy in the emul libraries is libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.17. To fix this problem I copied both libxkbfile and libgnomecanvas-2 from SUSE 9 installation, I figured they would old enough, I placed them in /usr/local/lib32/ and ran ldconf as root. I'm not sure if other distro's will work but I'm sure they would or getting them for a 32bit gentoo compiled against an older libart-lgl might work as well.

Okay I've now tested both the SUSE 9 libgnomecanvas2 and libxkbfile and CentOS5 versions as well. Both seem to work, below are the instructions from installing them from the CentOS repository since it's more available then SUSE 9, also I've heard OpenSUSE 10 works too.

Code:
cd ~/
emerge rpm2targz
wget [url]http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/CentOS/libxkbfile-1.0.3-3.1.i386.rpm[/url]
wget [url]http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/CentOS/libgnomecanvas-2.14.0-4.1.i386.rpm[/url]
rpm2targz libxkbfile-1.0.3-3.1.i386.rpm
rpm2targz libgnomecanvas-2.14.0-4.1.i386.rpm
mkdir ~/tmp
cd ~/tmp
tar zxvf ../libxkbfile-1.0.3-3.1.i386.tar.gz
tar zxvf ../libgnomecanvas-2.14.0-4.1.i386.tar.gz
sudo cp -a usr/lib/*.so.* /usr/local/lib32/
sudo ldconfig

Once you have done that run:
Code:

sudo /path/to/Downloads/IBM_Lotus_Symphony_Linux/setup.bin

Follow the installer instructions and it seems to work like a charm. However I did have to change it's default install path from /opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony to /opt/lotus/Symphony to get this installer to work, not sure why. It seems to be a bit slow, not bad for a beta and I do like the interface over just plan OO.org. The big question is why would you do this, I don't know because I looked fun. I'm working on an ebuild so I can get installed on my other machines as well. I would assume that it should install on a 32bit system with libgnomecanvas without any problems, however I haven't tested this theory yet. Once I get more time I'll try to figure out the exact dependencies, but for now like the geek I am I was just too excited I figured I would just make sure it would install and run. *Update I can't get it installed on 32bit P4 system, it fails with a glibc memory corruption error, I'll look into it later. Also I'm trying to get it to work in silent mode so an ebuild will work, however right now I can only get is to work in the gui and console modes.

Hope it works for any other interested parties, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Last edited by gluemonkey on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
JeliJami
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the following error:
Code:
Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt.  Testing bundled JRE failed.

Code:
# java-config -L
The following VMs are available for generation-2:
1)      Blackdown JDK 1.4.2.03 [blackdown-jdk-1.4.2]
2)      Blackdown 32bit JRE 1.4.2.03 [emul-linux-x86-java-1.4.2]
3)      Sun 32bit JRE 1.5.0.12 [emul-linux-x86-java-1.5]
*)      Sun 32bit JRE 1.6.0.02 [emul-linux-x86-java-1.6]
5)      Sun JDK 1.5.0.12 [sun-jdk-1.5]

enderandrew
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the news that IBM is launching a new version of Lotus, right after officially becoming a contributer to OpenOffice?

Apparently the new version of Lotus will be based on OpenOffice. I think this is a very good thing. Lotus did many things right, and I think IBM will help put some spit-and-polish on OOo.
gluemonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davjel, here is what I have, I had to install the ibm-jre-bin-1.6 to get my athlon64 at home to work, it was already installed on my laptop, though it's an 64bit version is seems to do the trick. I tried installing this on a gentoo x86 machine it broke with glibc memory corruption error, I haven't had time to sit and debug it though. However I have been able to get on two different amd64 machines, both in graphical and console mode, still can't get silent to co-operate though.

Code:
 eselect  java-vm list
Available Java Virtual Machines:
  [1]   blackdown-jdk-1.4.2
  [2]   emul-linux-x86-java-1.6  system-vm
  [3]   ibm-jre-bin-1.5 user-vm
  [4]   sun-jdk-1.5
  [5]   sun-jdk-1.6 

However I will be updating the Howto with links to the CentOS libgnomecanvas and libxkbfile since they seem to work well and that is what I used at home.
fuzzythebear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enderandrew wrote:
Anyone see the news that IBM is launching a new version of Lotus, right after officially becoming a contributer to OpenOffice?

Apparently the new version of Lotus will be based on OpenOffice. I think this is a very good thing. Lotus did many things right, and I think IBM will help put some spit-and-polish on OOo.

indeed .. i see no lotus packages for gentoo in portage though ..
since it's now free .. can we hope to see a package for gentoo
anytime soon ?

Fuzzy
golding
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My system = AMD64x2 - 32bit installation.

Following gluemonkey's list of required packages, my installation (as root - global) failed as I needed sys-devel/bc before it could continue.

After I had emerged 'bc', the installation required the -console flag to continue as it said it couldn't use the gui.
Code:
# /path/to/IBM_Lotus_Symphony_Linux/setup.bin -console

I must admit it looks very nice and behaves well within compiz-fusion. It found my printer, measurement, locale and language preferences auto-magically, unlike OOo which needs these things changed/corrected after installation. Plus native ODF, how can you miss?

I am going to give it a whirl for a while and see how it stacks up with the amount of correspondence I and my family do (2 high school students and a wife who likes to keep up with the family via snail mail).

*EDIT* It also is using ALL of my installed fonts, unlike Openoffice (compiled), see Gentoo bugzilla # 154954

*edit* fixed url typo :oops:

..... Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I have never been able to make out the numbers.
gluemonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

golding:

Code:

Does this mean you have compiled all the entire system as native 32bit ie: x86 or is it amd64 with 32bit emul-linux-x86 packages. If it's native 32bit can you do me favor and post your glibc version as well as you compilation flag out of make.conf. That would help me a ton.

Also I could only run the one machine in console mode for a bit, eventually it worked in GUI but I don't remember exactly what I did beside emerge firefox-bin, but I'm sure there was something more too it.

fuzzythebear:

I'm working on an ebuild now, but I haven't gotten it to work in -silent mode yet, once I do I'll post the ebuild stuff that I have so far.
golding
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gluemonkey wrote:
golding:

Code:

Does this mean you have compiled all the entire system as native 32bit ie: x86 or is it amd64 with 32bit emul-linux-x86 packages. If it's native 32bit can you do me favor and post your glibc version as well as you compilation flag out of make.conf. That would help me a ton.

Also I could only run the one machine in console mode for a bit, eventually it worked in GUI but I don't remember exactly what I did beside emerge firefox-bin, but I'm sure there was something more too it.

fuzzythebear:

I'm working on an ebuild now, but I haven't gotten it to work in -silent mode yet, once I do I'll post the ebuild stuff that I have so far.

OK, have CFLAGS=-march=athlon64, CHOST=i686 and MAKEOPTS="-j3"; see below

Code:
rob@one ~ $ cat /etc/make.conf
# /etc/make.conf
#
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
# Use this next line, and comment out above, if plain flags neededgenkernel
#CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
FEATURES="parallel-fetch"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac aalib alsa arts asf audacious avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bonobo browserplugin bzip2 bzlib cairo cdparanoia cdr cli crypt cups dlloader dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds elibc_glibc emboss encode esd fam ffmpeg firefox flac fortran freetype gdbm gif gimp glitz gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal imlib imlib2 input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse ipv6 isdnlog java javascript jpeg kde kernel_linux ldap libg++ mad mikmod mp3 mjpeg mmx mmxext mp3 mpeg mpg mplayer ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia offensive ogg opengl oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl png ppds pppd print python qt3 qt4 quicktime readline real reflection remote sane scanner sdl session smp spell spl sse ssl svg svga tcpd tga tiff totem truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode usb userland_GNU v4l vcd vorbis win32codecs -wine wmf wmv x86 xine xml xorg xsane xv xvid zlib"
LINGUAS="en en_AU"
PORTAGE_NICENESS="13"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.isp.net.au/ftp/pub/gentoo http://ftp.swin.edu.au/gentoo http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://gentoo.osuosl.org http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
http_proxy="http://one.golding.ws:8080"
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv v4l vesa fbdev"
ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel"
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

Code:
rob@one ~ $ emerge --info
Portage 2.1.3.9 (default-linux/x86/2007.0, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r4, 2.6.22-gentoo-r5 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.22-gentoo-r5 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:30:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p17
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.33-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r5
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.10-r4
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.24
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.21
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.isp.net.au/ftp/pub/gentoo http://ftp.swin.edu.au/gentoo http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://gentoo.osuosl.org http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
LC_ALL="en_AU.UTF-8"
LINGUAS="en en_AU"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/xeffects /usr/portage/local/layman/armagetron"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac aalib acl alsa arts asf audacious avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bonobo browserplugin bzip2 bzlib cairo cdparanoia cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dlloader dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd fam ffmpeg firefox flac fortran freetype gdbm gif gimp glitz gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal iconv imlib imlib2 ipv6 isdnlog java javascript jpeg kde ldap libg++ mad midi mikmod mjpeg mmx mmxext mp3 mpeg mpg mplayer mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia offensive ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl png ppds pppd print python qt3 qt4 quicktime readline real reflection remote sane scanner sdl session smp spell spl sse ssl svg svga tcpd tga tiff totem truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode usb v4l vcd vorbis win32codecs wmf wmv x86 xine xml xorg xsane xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en en_AU" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv v4l vesa fbdev"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

..... Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I have never been able to make out the numbers.
golding
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gluemonkey wrote:
golding:

I used the -console flag only for installation, and that was in a term, Symphony still in X for use. Can it be used in console re:DOS Office?, cos that would be my dream come true for a couple of older, slow, machines and one very old notebook (DrDOS-5 & MS Word-2, NO gui) I am running here.

eean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Lotus Symphony has nothing to do with the DOS version. You could install dosemu and run the old Lotus on that. ;)

/me is downloading new Lotus Symphony right now

I don't like that its closed source, but the screenshots look pretty nice.
golding
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eean wrote:
This Lotus Symphony has nothing to do with the DOS version. You could install dosemu and run the old Lotus on that. ;)

/me is downloading new Lotus Symphony right now

I don't like that its closed source, but the screenshots look pretty nice.

I'm sorry, it seems you have mis-understood me. I want to replace the DrDOS and MS Word with a decent, console based WP. I was wondering if this was the one. i.e. re-format the entire machine, put Gentoo on it and then run the console based WP.

I'd look at emacs, but I'm already middle aged and I haven't enough time before I pass on to learn it :-) hehehe

eean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, no of course its not a console based word processor.
eean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed it. It takes so long to load without any progress indication that I thought it was locking up. But once I had a little patience it loaded.

What makes it unusable for me is how the text is displaying. I uploaded a screenshot.

It is obviously a beta though and hopefully they haven't had their usability review yet. To open a file, you go File->Open->File. But if you click on the Open button and select Document it creates a new blank document.

A tab-based word processor/presenter/spreadsheet is nice though.
gluemonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's definitely beta, the load time on my machine it far from stellar, probably about 10sec longer then OO.org to load. What font are you using, mine seems to display the fonts okay. I've been using as my main office suite on my work machine for the past week now and have only had minor issues like tool tips not disappearing as fast as they should or funky menu stuff that can be annoying but not show stoppers.
eean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screenshot is using "Times" so I guess some generic serif font. But I've tried with other fonts like Bitstream Vera [Sans|Serif], Times New Roman and its all the same. The characters look jumbled together; some too close together and some too far apart. Its not due to the font, they just aren't being displayed right. You're sure yours looks OK?

Well it is using Eclipse so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised by the long load time. The memory usage is OK though, closing it freed up about 70 megabytes.
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is very helpful. I was finally able to get this installed. Thanks, gluemonkey. Especially since I could not get OpenOffice to work without crashing when I clicked on a menu item.

There's just one little thing: how do I run it? I don't use gnome or kde (I use WindowMaker), so I have no premade menus or icons to click on. Can someone tell me what the command is? (They should really add a link in /usr/local/bin to the executable.)

Thanks.
enderandrew
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was said to see this a fork of OpenOffice 1, and an old fork at that. I like the layout and look of this over OpenOffice, and I hope they can bring their changes up towards the more recent OpenOffice 2.3
dvh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have an AMD-64X2, but I have a 32-bit version of gentoo loaded. Do I need all of the "app-emulation" packages listed above, or are those only needed if my OS is x64?

-dvh
luca82
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest Beta4, but whenever I try to run the script I get this error message:

Code:
# ./IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin

IBM Lotus Symphony Beta - starting installation... please wait

mktemp: cannot make temp dir /tmp/symphony.tmp25879: Invalid argument
tar: option requires an argument -- C
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin: line 23: ./setup.bin: No such file or directory

my tar version is 1.19-r1.
Does anybody has an idea about what should I do?

thanks in advance,
Luca
AnXa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luca82 wrote:

Code:
# ./IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin

IBM Lotus Symphony Beta - starting installation... please wait

mktemp: cannot make temp dir /tmp/symphony.tmp25879: Invalid argument
tar: option requires an argument -- C
Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information.
IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin: line 23: ./setup.bin: No such file or directory

I have exactly same problem.

Edit: I found a sollution, replace this line: export WRKDIR=`mktemp -d /tmp/symphony.tmp$RANDOM`
with this, inside the file: export WRKDIR=`mktemp -d`

And it will automagicly work, or at least worked for me.
golding
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnXa wrote:

I have exactly same problem.

Edit: I found a solution, replace this line: export WRKDIR=`mktemp -d /tmp/symphony.tmp$RANDOM`
with this, inside the file: export WRKDIR=`mktemp -d`

And it will automagicly work, or at least worked for me.

My problem is this:
Code:
rob@one ~/downloads/IBM_Lotus $ ./IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin

IBM Lotus Symphony - starting installation... please wait

Installation requires libstdc++.so.5 to continue.
and the portage tree only has libstdc++V3 in the virtuals.

Any ideas :idea: , or is this supposed to be from the GCC somehow?

I don't know, just guessing, probably wrong anyway, any help would be appreciated :?

EDIT:
sys-libs/lib-compat does not contain this lib. It does, however, contain libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, would it work if I created libstdc++.so.5 as a link to it?

marschw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ebuilds for this yet?
Goverp
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golding wrote:

My problem is this:
Code:
rob@one ~/downloads/IBM_Lotus $ ./IBM_Lotus_Symphony_linux.bin

IBM Lotus Symphony - starting installation... please wait

Installation requires libstdc++.so.5 to continue.
and the portage tree only has libstdc++V3 in the virtuals.

The libstdc++V3 ebuild installs libstc++.so.5 - the trailing digit in the .so. number is nothing to do with the "V3" - yest they are both version numbers, but they don't change in sync. (Actually, it currently installs ...so.5.0.7 and symlinks .so.5 to it, but that just simplifies things.)

If you want some more details. look at Gentoo Linux Documentation -- Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide
marschw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl70 wrote:
Well, this is very helpful. I was finally able to get this installed. Thanks, gluemonkey. Especially since I could not get OpenOffice to work without crashing when I clicked on a menu item.

There's just one little thing: how do I run it? I don't use gnome or kde (I use WindowMaker), so I have no premade menus or icons to click on. Can someone tell me what the command is? (They should really add a link in /usr/local/bin to the executable.)

Thanks.

Duh, it's so obvious:
Code:
/opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony/framework/shared/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.productivity.tools.standalone.addin_3.0.1.20080602-1703/apps/IBM\ Lotus\ Symphony
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marschw wrote:
Any ebuilds for this yet?

not yet :?

any progress in this area ?

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314805

I need a stable office-suite for work

openoffice is too unstable and moody

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: