View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancesWithWords
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: kaddressbook ruined by 4.4.4 upgrade Reply with quote

Over the past 6 years I've had a few issues with upgrades before, some of which lead to complete re-installations. But nothing is more frustrating than something that screws with my contacts. I use Kaddressbook for home and business usage. I'm a Government and Corporate Sales Rep for a computer company I've got hundreds of contacts to manage. I've taken advantage of the custom fields to additional details of my customers and suppliers like account numbers, day to return, warranty info.

Now with this new Kaddressbook everything is screwed. Not only do you not have the various interface choices, but all my custom info is gone. This basic three column interface is beyond ugly and useless. It reminds me of interfaces from 25 years ago.

I really would like to know who at KDE.org thought this was a good idea? I hate the thought of downgrading just for this one app. I even wonder if this upgrade pooched all my custom contact info?

</Rant>
Letharion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you upgrade from?

I'm no KDE expert, but IIRC kde switched database-backend on a bunch of components sometime recently, could have been 4.3 -> 4.4, perhaps that's related, and a use-flag got lost somewhere?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: