EveOnline, Wine, nVidia, Twinview - Problems [mostly SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phluffy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: EveOnline, Wine, nVidia, Twinview - Problems [mostly SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hey guys. I've done a very fresh install and I'm to the point where I'd like to play Eve. I'm using an nVidia geForce 8600 GTS and wine 1.2. The problem is resolution based and I get different results depending on how I run Eve. If I run Eve like:
Code:
wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/CCP/EVE/eve.exe

I get what appears to be a virtual desktop (plain blue screen) from wine on my right monitor with the EVE splash in the middle, this is expected. Then, in the top left of that virtual desktop appears a much smaller screen, maybe two inches by one inch (on a 1280x1024 resolution). In this screen is the EULA and it's responsive (I can scroll it). The screen isn't large enough for me to navigate or do anything else.

When I run it by first running:
Code:
wine explorer

Then navigating to the same eve.exe and running it from there I get the game to run in the left monitor but the right monitor is black and the light is flashing like there is no signal. The game runs fine from that point. I bring up the game video options and changing it from 'fullscreen' (which reads as 1280x1024) to 'windowed' and the resolution changes to 2560x1024, this is my only choice. If I leave it fullscreen'd and quit the game my second (right) monitor doesn't come back unless I restart X.

There is probably something needed in my xorg.conf. I've posted it here:
http://phluffyserv.com/conf/xorg.conf
Let me know if there's any other config I can post to assist.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Phluffy on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Phluffy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above is mostly solved, actually. I set my metamodes on my xorg.conf to only 1280x1024 and tried it shortly after making this topic. The modes previously read
Code:
    Option         "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024;1280x1025,NULL;1280x1024+1280,0"

Removing the last two and starting via the 'explorer' mode makes eve work as intended (eve on the left screen and usable desktop on the right). I know my xorg.conf could probably use some help, if you guys would like to critique. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: