View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiroPoulos89
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: LXDE on OpenMoko - Auto-Rotate Reply with quote

Hello,

This is not a Gentoo problem but it is a problem with LXDE on any distro, so maybe I can get som help here.

I have debian installed on my OpenMoko phone and LXDE as my desktop environment. I installed a program to autorotate the screen when I turn the phone. It auto rotates fine but the resolution does not change from it's initial size. So if I start LXDE with the phone held straight then turn it to the side (which is wide screen), the screen turns but the resolution does not change. The backgroung does not fit the whole screen and the panels dont fit the whole screen. I can move applications to the whole screen but the resolution still doesn't ajust to the whole screen.

It's the same vice-versa. if I start the phone turned to the side it takes the whole screen but when I turn it strait the resolution does not change.

When I had LXDE on Gentoo I had A similar problem. The resolution does not properly change from the original resolution, But if I made xrandr start by default I could choose the resolution i wanted and problem solved. That worked for my desktop, but for my phone I want to be able to change the resolution any time I turn my phone.

Just to be sure that this is an LXDE problem and has nothing to do with my phone, I installed gnome on my phone and the screen auto-rotated the way I expected. The panels and desktop fith the whole screen any way I turn it. But gnome performs quite a bit slower on the openmoko phone then LXDE does, so I do not want gnome on my phone.

I hope I stated the problem clear enough.

So, is there a way for LXDE to Properly adjust the screen when resolution is chaged.

Thanks for any help
SpiroPoulos89
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply yet so I will assume that this is not possible with LXDE. I know LXDE is trying to be light weight and something like this may make it heavier. I've set up my phone exactly as I would like and this is really the last step away from perfection.

Can someone reply and tell me if it's not possible so I could forget about it and move on with my life.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: