View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: GNOME: Change icon placement on the desktop Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using gnome 2.30 and I would like to change the direction in which new icons are added to the desktop.

I have a icon representing my home directory in the left top corner. When a new icon appears (for example when I connect a flash disc, DVD ROM etc.) it is placed below the home directory. So new icons are added from top to the bottom near the left edge of the screen.

I would like to now if it is possible to configure nautilus to place new icons near the top edge of the desktop from left to the right. I've tried google but with no success. The closest problem I have found is http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1436520. I suspect that there might be a magical settings in the desktop-metadata which could help me to achieve what I want. Is there any manual which sums up all the settings that can be done through gconf-editor?
Kobboi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also go and ask the Gnome people instead of the distro people. Be sure to report your findings :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: