cannot use encrypted connections with kmail2(4.4.92)[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: cannot use encrypted connections with kmail2(4.4.92)[solved] Reply with quote

Since my kmail started refusing sending mails after kde upgrade to 4.5.x I thought I'll give kmail2 a try. I installed kdepim from overlay version 4.4.92. Installation worked flawlessly. Migration was awesome, nothings missing, all fine.
Problem is that I can't retrieve nor send mails via encrypted connections. Neither ssl/tls nor starttls is working. Without encrypted everything works fine...

Ok, I thought it might be a migration/homesettings problem and created a new blank user account. But no success.

Just before I was about to file a bug at kde.org I got the idea of using my new notebook. I just recently installed kde 4.5.1 on that one. I emerged kmail-4.4.92 and to my suprise it worked fine :?: :!:

Here's the relevant part of my xsession-errors:

Code:

kwalletd(5073) KWalletD::setupDialog: Application ' "Akonadi Resource" ' using kwallet without parent window!
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
klauncher(4698)/kio (KLauncher): SlavePool: No communication with slave.

[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3s pid = 5091 signal = 11
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POPSession::slotSlaveError: Got a slave error: "pop3s://pop.gmx.net"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::cancelSync: ============== ERROR DURING POP3 SYNC ==========================
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::cancelSync: "Unable to login to the server pop.gmx.net.
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] pop3s://pop.gmx.net"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::saveSeenUIDList: UID list from server is not valid.
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
  Resource id:  0x5200020
  Resource id:  0x5200020
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3s pid = 5101 signal = 11
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POPSession::slotSlaveError: Got a slave error: "pop3s://pop.gmx.net"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::cancelSync: ============== ERROR DURING POP3 SYNC ==========================
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::cancelSync: "Unable to login to the server pop.gmx.net.
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POP3Resource::saveSeenUIDList: UID list from server is not valid.
  Resource id:  0x5200087
  Resource id:  0x5200087
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3s pid = 5109 signal = 11
  Resource id:  0x52000ed
  Resource id:  0x52000ed
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = pop3 pid = 5118 signal = 11
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] akonadi_pop3_resource_0(5088)/akonadiresource (pop3) POPSession::slotSlaveError: Got a slave error: "pop3://pop.gmx.net"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_pop3_resource] pop3://pop.gmx.net"

Anybody any ideas where to start fixing that problem ?

drizzt

Last edited by drizzt on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
massimo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never ;)

After I had rebuilt openssl I did a revdep-rebuild. Kmail is finally working again.
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked today...
Seem to work again. Unfortunately I cannot tell if it was the update to 4.5.3 / 4.4.93 or one of the many revdep-rebuilds I lately have done.
xibo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had similar problems some weeks ago with svn trunk, so it's not the update to kde-4.5.3 but kmail/kdepimlibs ('s developers) or revdep-rebuild that fixed it.
Yes, but they're only smart enough to recognize they want to be popular, yet too stupid to recognize that it isn't a Mac.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: