sound equivalent of Xvfb--solved
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtoups
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: sound equivalent of Xvfb--solved Reply with quote

Is there a sound of equivalent of Xvfb? I would like to have a virtual machine with image and sound that is then sent to another machine.

In my case, I am using Xvfb to create an application that allows me to send a virtual desktop image to a TiVo. I would like to figure out how to do the same with sound.

Last edited by mtoups on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: sound equivalent of Xvfb Reply with quote

mtoups wrote:
Is there a sound of equivalent of Xvfb? I would like to have a virtual machine with image and sound that is then sent to another machine.

In my case, I am using Xvfb to create an application that allows me to send a virtual desktop image to a TiVo. I would like to figure out how to do the same with sound.

PulseAudio was designed for this sort of thing. It sits on top of ALSA (on the server, or HTPC).
mtoups
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: sound equivalent of Xvfb Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
mtoups wrote:

PulseAudio was designed for this sort of thing. It sits on top of ALSA (on the server, or HTPC).

Thanks, I'll check it out. I kept coming up empty on google searches. This should help me out.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: