Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Problem with KDE 4.4.5 and Synaptics Touchpad (no movement)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adarion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Problem with KDE 4.4.5 and Synaptics Touchpad (no movement) Reply with quote

Hello people

I got a problem:
I'm running KDE 4.4.5 on various machines which does a fine job. Recently I decided to finally upgade/date my Laptop (VIA C3-2 CPU) from 4.4.4 (or was it 4.4.3?) to KDE 4.4.5. Compiled a long time (see CPU) but everything successful.
Seemed to be fine, revdep-rebuild -pi didn't show anything wrong, ran lafilefixer --justfixit, all ok.

But then the Synaptics Touchpad stopped working.
I had it working in 4.4.x (x<5) with tapping and moving (after messing long times with HAL fdi scripts and reading man synaptics), iirc. before HAL I could even scroll at the sides, later I had a strange 2 finger scrolling. Anyway, it worked.

AFAIR I didn't change anything at the configuration. The TP works in pure Xorg (twm), gpm works and it works in KDM login until KDE is nearly finished starting up.
Then the cursor freezes and I cannot move it at all. So something in KDE 4.4.5 must freeze it though it worked before in tha last version.
For now I managed to get it working by using the keyboard to open the Kcontrol and setting the touchpad section to TP off (!!!) but allow movement. Means: No tapping or anything (the integrated classic buttons work though but they're loud and nasty) but cursor movement.
If I switch it to "on" and "apply" the cursor freezes again.
I found a hint on the net that spoke of "MaxMovement" option in the control center but I do not have such an option, also not in SynaptiKs (which I also tried).

Anybody having an idea? (besides downgrading or deleting whole ~/.kde/share/config and starting over)

If you need info (Kernel, CFLAGS, USE-flags, configs,... tell me).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: