net-mail/drac/files Permission denied
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stalione
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: net-mail/drac/files Permission denied Reply with quote

Ok this is a really strange issue Im having. My installation of gentoo went pretty smooth and after letting it run for a day I decided to pick it up from where I left off. I decided to do an emerge sync just to stay on top of things. When I did I got error message syaing net-mail/drac/files Permission denied . Strangely enough when I went to the /usr/portage/net-mail/drac directory it refused to show me the listing. The permission on the directory are 755. Has anyone else experienced this? I decided to blow off my whole portage tree rm -rf /usr/portage/* and as expected it removed everthing else but the net-mail/darc folder. Oddly enough I was able to rename that folder. Currently im emerge syning again. Will keep everyone posted. If this is a dupe post please ignore it....the search feature is not working on the forum (probably due to the traffic).

>>>> UPDATE <<<<

Now I got this error:
Quote:

wrote 809876 bytes read 26808111 bytes 44224.16 bytes/sec
total size is 48102830 speedup is 1.74
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1045)

>>> UPDATE <<<
Turns out there was an upgrade to portage available that was not there a min ago. I emerged it sucessfully and tried emerge sync again and it worked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: