View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Gnome and fading screen before screensaver starts Reply with quote

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to new X server (xorg 1.7 -> 1.9) without HAL and I have encountered a problem. When I don't move a mouse or hit keys on keyboard a screen saver is launched after few minutes. Gnome has a very handy feature that the screen starts fading and if you are not really idle and you are doing something and need to see the screen you can move the mouse and the screen saver is not launched.

Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. The screen starts fading but moving the mouse has no effect. So you have to wait few moments and then unlock the screen with a password. I've tried to search and found lots of bug reports and complaining users from various distributions. For example https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=612620#c49 (appearantly fixed). I haven't found a related bug in Gentoo bugzilla.

I'm using stable Gentoo and I have:
gnome-extra/gnome-screensaver-2.30
x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.2

installed and running. From the https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=612620#c77 it seems that my version of X server is affected. Should I file a bug? Stabilization request? Do you have better idea?
AFCommando
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there isn't already a bug in Gentoo's bugzilla, I think you should submit a bug report and post related links there. Also a diff against the source package that fixed the problem for you would help the developers to streamline getting the fix into the tree.

I'll keep a look out for the bug report, as I'm also running into this problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: