kde:live update
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: kde:live update Reply with quote

hi

how do i update kde:live :?: .i have kde 4.5.80 (4.6 beta1) and i belive there is a new update to get.
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i updated kdelibs and the kmenu got lost.how do i get it :?: back
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update full SC instead of just kdelibs to make sure they are fully compatible.
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lustmored

i know but how do i make a update of kde-9999.its not just emerge kdebase-startkde or something like that.there have to be a command to reinstall it or update it.the only thing i know is when a update comes it is shows when you make a
emerge --newuse --update --deep --ask --verbose world and it will be updated after that.that do not work with the
9999ers.i updated kdelibs because of solid-9999.
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use portage supporting sets, there should be set @kde (or something similar). Than emerge -av @kde could work. But as I'm paludis user, I cannot tell for sure.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you should sync the overlay with layman -s kde to get the latest ebuild and keywords updates.

Then, you need to be sure the full kde-live keywords list is in (or linked to) /etc/portage/package.keywords.

Next, you could do it by using sets, depending on what packages you wish to use.
I usually use something like emerge -pv1 @kdedeps-live @kdelibs-live @kdebase-live @kdeartwork-live, etc., etc. to view a list of all the packages, and then omit the "p" and add the --keep-going emerge option and if any fail fix them up later after all the rest are merged (updated).

Or, you could do a global 9999 install to reinstall all the 9999 kde packages installed on your system with this command:
Code:
 qlist -IC kde-base/ | grep 9999 | xargs -n1 -i echo ={} | xargs emerge -vp
If you opt for this method, it's a good idea to do an emerge @kdedeps-live first, as some of the deps might not be 9999 versions. Also be sure your qt-4.7.1 packages are up-to-date first. Then use the command without the p, and the --keep-going option.

(I'm not on my kde-live computer right now, so If that command is not exactly right, I'll check later and correct it).

BTW, IMO it's not a good idea to mix 9999 packages with other versions. Either go all the way with kde-live 9999's for everything, or choose another kde version in the overlay, along with it's own specific keyword list.

Another thing worth mentioning: I've always thought it better practice to not have a bunch of 9999 overlay packages in my world file, and when I wish to update them just sync the overlay, and then update manually using the above methods (with the emerge -v1 option to keep them out of the world file). But, use your own judgement on this- I just found it less confusing keeping various overlay packages out of a regular emerge -uD @world general system update.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.8.4 USE=experimental python3_11
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944

i have bin using kdebase-startkde-9999 for one and a half year now.so

qlist -IC kde-base/ | grep 9999 | xargs -n1 -i echo ={} | xargs emerge -vp

will do fine when the overlay is stable: (repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace
svn: URL 'svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace' doesn't exist)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: