View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikb
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: KDE 4.6 update - now no networkmanager in systray Reply with quote

I upgraded from KDE 4.5 to 4.6, as part of a world update, and now I've lost the networkmanager from the systray. Networkmanager is running, though, I have wired connectivity, but I've no wireless connectivity, since I can't tell it to connect to anything.

Also, if I go to 'System Settings' -> 'Network Settings', I can't see any of my networks (but they are present in my wallet)

I'm kind of stumped, and for a lot of places, I need my WiFi to work!

suggestions, ?
Shining Arcanine
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: KDE 4.6 update - now no networkmanager in systray Reply with quote

mikb wrote:
I upgraded from KDE 4.5 to 4.6, as part of a world update, and now I've lost the networkmanager from the systray. Networkmanager is running, though, I have wired connectivity, but I've no wireless connectivity, since I can't tell it to connect to anything.

Also, if I go to 'System Settings' -> 'Network Settings', I can't see any of my networks (but they are present in my wallet)

I'm kind of stumped, and for a lot of places, I need my WiFi to work!

suggestions, ?

What network manager front-end were you using? Were you using the plasmoid from knetworkmanager?

If it is the plasmoid, would you might want to try readding the widget to your panel.

By the way, the following bug might or might not be related to your issue:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353862
mikb
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: KDE 4.6 update - now no networkmanager in systray Reply with quote

mikb wrote:

And if I use cnetworkmanager, I get the error: "The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings was not provided by any .service files"
[/quote]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: