Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Sony Laptop, what settings should I use?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Sony Laptop, what settings should I use? Reply with quote

Okay, I have been searching around the forums for a few days now and I have yet to find the answers I'm looking for, so if this is a repeat, I am sorry, and please point me to a relevant thread. Anyways, I have a sony fxa36 laptop w/ a mobile athlon4 1ghz processor. I'm not sure if I should use the athlon livecd or not. I think it is compatible, but I would appreciate if someone could confirm that I should use those livecd's. Secondly, I'm trying to figure out some decent cflags to use. Some of my confusion goes back to which -march I should use, since I've been figuring I'm an i686 instead of an athlon. I'm not looking for the absolute best settings or whatever, but simply some settings that will give me the most bang for my $$$ so to speak. I figure -O2 instead of -O3, but what else will give reasonable speed increase with this particular cpu. I would appreciate some insight into these questions.
jaska
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is very minimal speed change between march=i686 march=athlon, so it doesnt matter
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: