View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: [beagle] flush failed Reply with quote

I installed app-misc/beagle yesterday, added some paths through `beagle-settings`, started it up via `beagled --fg`. After a few seconds, it began to work, the .beagle directory started to grow and a quick search for a file already in the index gave a correct result. So I went to bed, letting beagle run over night, but when I came back, I found a looot of output like this
Code:
Debug: Checking for dangling locks...
Warn: Found a dangling index lock on /home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/Locks/lucene-3e248eec3f895ece5c9bbe69d39ea917-write.lock.
Debug: Checking for dangling locks...
Warn: Found a dangling index lock on /home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/Locks/lucene-e0b72d7a2d5e8de4979086da6730aa2c-write.lock.
Debug: Verifying index /home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/PrimaryIndex
Debug: Verifying index /home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/SecondaryIndex
Warn: Indexes verified in ,01s.  Deleting stale lock files.
Warn: Could not delete lock files.
Debug: Purging /home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex
Warn: (Repeated) Caught exception trying to execute Beagle.IndexHelper.RemoteIndexerExecutor.  Sending error response
Debug: Caught ResponseMessageException: Access to the path "/home/avx/.beagle/Indexes/FileSystemIndex/Locks/lucene-3e248eec3f895ece5c9bbe69d39ea917-write.lock" is denied.
Debug: (Repeated) Unexpected exception from IndexHelper. Giving up sending this request.
Error: Something terrible happened --- Flush failed
Debug: Helper Size: VmRSS=18,6 MB, size=1,27, 6,6%
The .beagle directory had only 16MB of data in it (way to small for ~3TB of files to be indexed) and some searches didn't give results.

Deleted the .beagle and started over and after a few minutes and again ~16MB in it's directory, the process is failing again.

System is ~amd64 fully up2date. Google didn't gave me much, so I hope someone here has a clue.

Edit: Weird, my ~/ is reiserfs-3.6, I relocated .beagle to an xfs-partition and for now it's running without a single error and it's index is currently at ~110MB.

Edit2, damn, it the error showed up again :/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: