/etc/init.d/cpufreqd restarts when in battery mode
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordcris
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: /etc/init.d/cpufreqd restarts when in battery mode Reply with quote

Hello,
I've followed the Power Management Guide and I've set a custom runlevel - battery.
I've also installed and configured cpufreqd - and added it to my two runlevels - default and battery.
But when I plug the AC out and switch from default to battery the cpufreqd daemon gets restarted too.
Do you know why is that?
Shouldn't it be always on because is present in both levels?
Unfortunately sometimes does not restart properly, so i have to check if it is running every time i pull the ac out.

Code:
# rc-status
Runlevel: default
 acpid                                                                                                                               [ started  ]
 cpufreqd                                                                                                                            [ started  ]
 local                                                                                                                               [ started  ]
 netmount                                                                                                                            [ started  ]
 NetworkManager                                                                                                                      [ started  ]
 ntpd                                                                                                                                [ started  ]
 sshd                                                                                                                                [ started  ]
 udev-postmount                                                                                                                      [ started  ]
 vixie-cron                                                                                                                          [ started  ]
 xdm       

Code:

Runlevel: battery
 acpid                                                                                                                               [ started  ]
 cpufreqd                                                                                                                            [ started  ]   <---- sometimes fails to start
 local                                                                                                                               [ started  ]
 netmount                                                                                                                            [ started  ]
 NetworkManager                                                                                                                      [ started  ]
 udev-postmount                                                                                                                      [ started  ]
 xdm
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: