2.6.0-test5 uninorth-agp and alsa
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thirteen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: 2.6.0-test5 uninorth-agp and alsa Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently trying to get a workable 2.6.0 install on my ibook (600MHz 2xUSB/1xFirewire) and am having a few issues which I was wondering if anyone had come across before:

uninorth-agp driver - inthe 2.6 series it seems that agp support is provided by 2 modules now, agpgart.ko and uninorth-agp.ko, however I am unable to get X working with agp support. When I do load both the modules before bringing up the X server I get the login screen (kdm) coming up but am unable to use the keyboard or mouse to enter username or password - also the screen seems to keep redrawing all the time very slowly.

At present I do not load the uninorth-agp module and allow the rage128 that I have to default to pci mode - which works ok (not as fast as it should be for glxgears but not too bad).

Second problem is sound support, have been using oss on 2.4 series kernels so far as it works pretty well with my ibook, however the oss powermac support in 2.6 seems borked - therefore would like to have a go with alsa but am unsure as to the necesary steps to do this, obviously the kernel modules are already in the 2.6 kernel (the alsa-driver part) but I need to compile alsa-driver to get alsa-utils/alsa-lib is it ok to compile alsa against an old version of the kernel just to get these packages and then reboot into 2.6 and do the setup as for 2.4 series (alsa-driver will not compile against the 2.6 header files)?

Does anyone have any ideas on any of the above? Also anyone have any other issues with the 2.6-test5 on ppc?

SonetSST
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: 2.6 Kernel Reply with quote

I can get the 2.6 to boot on my TIBook, but I'm also having a couple of problems. For some odd reason /sys isn't an option while i'm making menuconfig, which means i have to use the old /proc/cpufreq interface which is borked... I haven't really spent too much time in 2.6, so i can't tell you about the agpgart support (uninorth) as i haven't ran X...

I'm curious where you're getting your kernel from. I'm using the 2.6.0-test5-bk11
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: