Gentoo is Amazing!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekj530
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Gentoo is Amazing! Reply with quote

Gentoo is just simply amazing. I found out how so recently when I emerged Open Office. I had always thought that OO opened so slowly, regardless of the speed of machine-- comparitively. Howerver, when I emerged it on my gentoo box, I got a very pleasant surprise. It opened almost as fast as abiword....which is something I did not expect. Customizing the OS and software to run on your system works and is well worth the time and effort. It just simply works!

I have two machines that sit almost side by side. Libranet on one and Gentoo on the other; there is no significant difference in hardware. There is absolutely no competition. The gentoo box beats it hands down. Now, however, I do not have weeks into customizing the Libranet box; thirty minutes and I was up and functional. However, my gentoo box is the machine that I use and therefore am willing to put the time and effort into getting it just right. Gentoo allows me the tools to do that better than any distro I have ever tried. Thanks Gentoo! :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: