e17 and e_hal issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: e17 and e_hal issues Reply with quote

never mind - using xfce now, fed up with wasting my time in trying to get it to work
the_mgt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the global masking of hal useflag, you need to install eeze and e_dbus with udev useflag.

Again, ask in #gentoo-e on freenode, I am idling there 24/7 and you will get faster answers. I am not always browsing the forums.
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_mgt wrote:
Since the global masking of hal useflag, you need to install eeze and e_dbus with udev useflag.

Again, ask in #gentoo-e on freenode, I am idling there 24/7 and you will get faster answers. I am not always browsing the forums.

i did add udev use flag to them, and still it gave me the issue above, i have a few things to do (setting up laser printer on linux) then i may consider trying my luck with e17 again
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found eeze-9999 as a solution for that problem with the first google result. ;)
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
I think I found eeze-9999 as a solution for that problem with the first google result. ;)

so did i, and i installed it, with ukit,udev useflags, still it craped out, only thing i did notice was that the working version from overlay (enlightenment) was @ 699, after having to re-install whole laptop due to a complete cock up on my part the version i was pulling down yesterday was @700
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I emerged it on June 11th, 00:16. Anyway, that's it with live ebuilds, always some kind of struggling involved (perhaps >eeze-1.0.1 should be added to the enlightenment deps). Aside from that, e17 currently runs rockstable on my system, and I can't tell the same about supposedly stable KDE 4.6.4 ;)
the_mgt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was your issue? Did you try the places module? Tommy[D] should finally get rid of that one, upstream is unmaintained and it really needs hal on your system.
sera
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_mgt wrote:
What was your issue? Did you try the places module? Tommy[D] should finally get rid of that one, upstream is unmaintained and it really needs hal on your system.

The latest snapshot did work just fine with in tree deps before. The masking of the hal useflag breaks the ebuild. Well, that's only half the story. Not only got e_dbus-1.0.1 added without a hal useflag but it was removed from earlier versions as well (without rev bump!).

I had to live with hal for 10 years, why should I care if it remains here just a little longer. It's hard to understand the obsession of getting rid of hal at all cost. There are certainly a lot of ebuilds out in the wild which got hurt with this pointless mask, encouraging people to mess with their profile or leaving comments like "never mind - using xfce now, fed up with wasting my time in trying to get it to work" in the forum.
the_mgt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you! I also don't understand the obsession, as you call it. It is actually the first time I noticed that a working, stable feature is masked by removing the useflag from profile, when there is not even a security thread.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6720636.html#6720636
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: