View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleTom
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: KDE 4.6.3 Maximized windows restored [solved] Reply with quote

After upgrading to KDE 4.6, my system's behaviour regarding clicks in the title bar of a maximized window has changed.

Before the upgrade, when I left clicked on the title bar of a maximized window (active or inactive) it was raised and activated, but it did not change size, meaning that it was still maximized. Now, when I left click, the window does not stay maximized, as if I had used the "Restore" button.

Playing around with the settings under "Window Behavior" -> "Titlebar Actions" did yield no useful results. Even when I set the left button action under "Titlebar & Frame" to "Nothing", the window is still restored. Only setting the action to "Operations Menu" prevents the window from being restored, but of course then the window is not raised and not activated, so this does not help.

Does anybody know how the previous behaviour can be restored?

Last edited by UncleTom on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Window decoration themes may override the window manager's actions. I use x11-themes/crystal and spent some time figuring this out when I wanted to change the mouse wheel behaviour on title bars. Have you checked this?
UncleTom
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I had just quickly looked at it because I couldn't find anything that seemed to match my problem.

Looking at the decoration themes again using "Configure Decoration", I find nothing in relation to title bar actions or such things. Also, changing the theme doesn't seem to affect the click on the title bar. Did you change anything in particular to change this behavior?
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I had just to uncheck crystal's "Cycle tasks with mouse wheel" option, or to use another window decoration. If another window decoration doesn't help, your problem seems to be different.
UncleTom
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I had to install Crystal to try that, but without luck. My windows behave exactly the same whether "Cycle tasks with mouse wheel" is checked or unchecked. So I guess, there must be something else that influences the window behavor.

Any ideas anybody?
UncleTom
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I found it myself now. I noticed that when clicking on the titlebar, the mouse pointer changed to the symbol for moving windows. So I started playing around and found the following:

Under Window Behavior -> Moving -> "Display borders on maximized windows" must be checked.

It turns out that this option used to be called "Allow moving and resizing of maximized windows" which would perhaps have helped me to find it earlier. There is also a kde bug for the wording.[/topic]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: