radeon 7500 crashing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prolific
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: radeon 7500 crashing Reply with quote

i think i setup everything fine.. i ran glxgears and got no errors and around 1000 fps.. i did 'emerge quake3' and tried to run it,,, however after about 10seconds of playing the game my entire computer freezes and i have to use the reset button to restart it.. any suggestions from ppl using a radeon 7500 card ?

btw.. if i turn off gl extentions it works fine , but i get like 30fps like that.. i want to play q3 with gl extentions..
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: radeon 7500 crashing Reply with quote

prolific wrote:
i think i setup everything fine.. i ran glxgears and got no errors and around 1000 fps.. i did 'emerge quake3' and tried to run it,,, however after about 10seconds of playing the game my entire computer freezes and i have to use the reset button to restart it.. any suggestions from ppl using a radeon 7500 card ?

btw.. if i turn off gl extentions it works fine , but i get like 30fps like that.. i want to play q3 with gl extentions..

That's odd ... I have a Radeon 7500 Mobile and can play Quake 3 Demo quite smoothly. Are you sure that your kernel module and your XFree86 modules come from the same place?

I had problems getting DRI working when using stock kernel DRM and ati-gatos XF86 drivers ... I switched them both over to the DRI distro from dri.sourceforge.net and things are okay. Switching out of the X console to a different virtual console is flaky, however, necessitating a hard reboot.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: