Can't get verbose fbslpash to work [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Odysseus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Can't get verbose fbslpash to work [solved] Reply with quote

I finally made the leap to 64bits 2 weeks ago. I've been tweaking my system using my old tried and true backed-up 32bit system configuration files as a guide and for help.

Everything has gone relatively smooth, so far except for a minor problem with grub, which is related to me now using GCC-4.6.1. (a bug report has been filed). I temporarily solved by using grub-static.

I'm running ~amd64 and using uvesa FB @ 1440x900 using the livecd-2007 splash screen.

He is my problem.... I can't seem to get my FBsplash to work in verbose mode at all. It works fine in silent mode, F2 switches to a framebuffer TTY but there are no FB decorations on any TTY just the animated silent splash at boot and shutdown. The animated Tuxonice shutdown works too

I believe I have the kernel setup correctly as well as grub and the configuration files, as all are the same as from my old 32bit setup which worked fine.

I could use some help figuring this out. I'm hoping somebody might suggest something I may have missed or forgot. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated TIA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I solved the problem, now I feel like an idiot. I have been running pf-sources since zen stopped regular stable releases and went to a rolling release model. I forgot to patch the pf-source with the fbcondecor.patch..... Doh!!!!!!

Anyhow now I've got it working and all is right in the world!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: