View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toojays
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: kmail 1.4.2 (kde 3.0.2) imap folder bug Reply with quote

There is a bug in the version of kmail which shipped with kde 3.0.2, whereby it doesn't properly update its IMAP index files. If you delete a message on the server (either via KMail or some other client), and then update the folder view in KMail, Kmail still shows the mail in the list. When you click on the message in the list, it changes to a message with "No Subject" from "Unknown".

From looking at this message, it appears that the bug has been acknowledged and fixed, possibly in this cvs commit.

Currently people who want to use KMail for an IMAP account have two options to avoid this bug. Either use kdenetwork-3.0.1 or kdenetwork-3.1alpha. Personally I don't fancy using the alpha stuff at the moment. I would prefer if 3.0.2 could be patched to fix just this bug. My question: are patches of this kind (backporting bugfixes?) within the scope of the Gentoo project, or does Gentoo only include patches which are necessary to make a package compile?
toojays
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusion abounds. After syncing the clock on my fileserver with the clock on my desktop machine (my home directory, and hence the KMail index files, are on the fileserver), I cannot reproduce the problem. And yet I still managed to find a patch which alleviates the problem at the expense of bandwidth.

It seems to be fine now, but I'd still like to know if Gentoo has a policy about backporting bugfixes for stable releases of software. Anyone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: