Lotsa questions!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prop329
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Lotsa questions! Reply with quote

Hey there. Last night, i extracted stage 2 tarball and i used genkernel to install. Everything worked, andi got LILO working, and i got to the
Code:
 mount /mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
step right before emerging kde, and it couldn't mount. So i browsed the forums, but i can't seem to figure out how to solve this. I have a cd burner and a dvd rom drive, and the burner runs and everything, but it doesn't show up in /etc/fstab. i also didn't know that i had to customize the install for my burner. I got frustrated because the search feature wasn't working last night on these forums and i had to go to bed, so i deleted all of my gentoo install. I also couldn't figure out how to add modules like for my burner, and where and when during the install to add them. I'm a n00b at linux, i've used rh8 & 9 but those are easy compared to this. When i install my stuff tonight, what stage should i use, because i don't think stage3 will recongize my stuff if stage 2 didn't recongize my burner.( it worked but didn't show up in /etc/fstab)Should i compile my own kernel, or let genkernel do it for me again. What are some tips for installing gentoo, because that install guide is harder than hell.

Thank you very much,

Eric
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: