Emerge of enlightenment fails on e_dbus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urioxis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Emerge of enlightenment fails on e_dbus Reply with quote

Hi guys. I'm trying to install e17 as per the instructions on the wiki and it fails when emerging e_dbus with the following error

*snip*
Code:
e_dbus_message.c: In function 'cb_pending':
e_dbus_message.c:24:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'free'
e_dbus_message.c: In function 'e_dbus_message_send':
e_dbus_message.c:75:67: error: 'free' undeclared (first use in this function)
e_dbus_message.c:75:67: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
e_dbus_message.c:77:7: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'free'
make[4]: *** [e_dbus_message.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/e_dbus-9999/work/e_dbus/src/lib/dbus'

*snip*

Now this file hasn't been modified in 8 months so it's not likely to be that but I can't figure out why it's not working. Any ideas?
tclover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, similar failure are?/were common when building a new elementary with a few new commits on elementary side--did not quite follow API/ABI changes. No idea of what is happening on e.svn right now because I did update e17 once or two times last month. The best thing you could do is re-emerge the whole set in the right order. Other than that... you could open a ticket on trak if it get you nowhere. By the way, are you using niifak overlay? You may stick with the default overlay because that one is maintained by e and gentoo devs.
urioxis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm using the gentoo overlay but with the live ebuilds, installing from scratch. I may just switch to the snapshot ebuilds and see if that works better.
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urioxis wrote:
Nah, I'm using the gentoo overlay but with the live ebuilds, installing from scratch. I may just switch to the snapshot ebuilds and see if that works better.
svn is in a bit of a flux lately because there was a feature freeze for a few weeks and then a release of efl-1.1 happened last week. So, everyone is dumping new features into svn which has led to non-compiling code (usually it doesn't compile for at most a few hours before some dev starts compiling their stuff and fixes svn). :) Complain in #e, and maybe you will get it fixed faster :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: