View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
direwolf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: No mouse in Gnome 3 Reply with quote

I've just started trying to work with Gnome 3. Got it installed okay, and it starts up fine and looks like everything is functioning okay, but, I can't move the mouse.

X is recognizing it okay (like it always has). I don't see any errors on the mouse. I get a cursor (show up in the middle of the screen in "fallback" mode, and near the lower right in regular mode). But I can't move it. Clicks don't do anything either, but I hear there is not right-mouse click function anyway, so not sure what the issue is.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm not sure where to look (or HOW, since the mouse is worthless). Again, this is NOT a X issue - the mouse works fine in Gnome2 and xfce, etc, just doesn't function in Gnome 3.
Thistled
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem, because I was using the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d AND an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
Dunno why, but Gnome / X did not like that. Once I removed the xorg.conf file, and populated within xorg.conf.d all was good.
So in my case, it WAS an X issue.
Also, see if up/downgrading your video driver fixes the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: