Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Simple dual head desktop switching problem.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setakht
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Simple dual head desktop switching problem. Reply with quote

I've finally acquired two monitors and set up dual head on my geforce fx card, and it works great. Instead of using Xinerama style desktop stretching I've elected to go the route of configuring my second display as a separate X screen via the Nvidia driver. This works quite well and I'm able to mouse between the two desktops under normal circumstances. However my primary reason for dual head in the first place was to be able to play Enemy Territory and monitor IRC at the same time (I run an Enemy Territory clan). Unfortunately ET grabs the mouse, and therefore there's no way to move to the second destop without windowing (pressing ALT-ENTER) and pulling down the console which subsequently releases the mouse (note this doesn't work in full screen mode, which I need to play in). So my question is, is there any way keyboard toggle or otherwise to switch to my second X screen (I'd be willing to hook up another mouse) without having to window ET? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: