Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to make KDE 4.8 NOT take over gtk+ stuff?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainSpam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: How to make KDE 4.8 NOT take over gtk+ stuff? Reply with quote

I recently upgraded to KDE 4.8 (from 4.5.3, I believe), and I ran across an odd problem. Now, it looks like my GTK+ apps (GIMP, especially) are behaving as if they're under alternative button order (gtk-alternative-button-order = 1; that is, "OK/Cancel" mode, not "Cancel/OK" mode).

I did some searching, and I found that, while in KDE, my GTK2_RC_FILES env variable now has ~/.kde4/share/config/gtkrc-2.0 added to the end of it. Looking at that file, it appears that it's generated every time KDE starts, and its sole contents (minus comments) are to set gtk-alternative-button-order to 1, which seems to be the culprit. Now, I know that's there because KDE has the option to apply its color scheme to non-KDE applications, and that makes sense if you want that, but I have that turned off (System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Colors -> Options -> Apply colors to non-KDE4 applications; this is unchecked). Yet it still keeps the gtk-alternative-button-order option in KDE's own gtkrc-2.0 file, and since that's always at the end of the GTK2_RC_FILES variable, it'll always override my own options.

My question is, how can I stop it from doing this? I'd be happy with it just not resetting the button order every time I start KDE.
devsk
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

building qt-gui with USE=-gtkstyle may help. Also look at your settings under "Systemsettings->Application Appearance->Gtk Config"
CaptainSpam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devsk wrote:
building qt-gui with USE=-gtkstyle may help. Also look at your settings under "Systemsettings->Application Appearance->Gtk Config"

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid qt-gui is already compiled with -gtkstyle on my system. And, that page of System Settings doesn't appear to have anything relevant to the button order on it, nor anything about not overwriting the gtkrc settings.

Also, out of curiosity, I unmerged kcm-gtk-config (which puts the Gtk Config option in Application Appearance), but that didn't solve anything. It still sets the button order at boot time.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: