gkrellm sensors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alshain
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: gkrellm sensors Reply with quote

I've just installed test6-mm1 and it's as nice as every other mm-sources kernel I've installed seconds after it's been in portage and whether it works or not!

Unfortunately, gkrellm2 now tells me that there are no sensors available, despite the fact that I can trawl through /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-002d and cat the contents of each sensor manually. I suppose this is as a consequence of the /sys format changing slightly, but I hope there's a new gkrellm out soon - I never realise how much I look at my fan speeds until they're not there any more. :D

Andrew
meowsqueak
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably configure the way gkrellm2 handles the sensors. Perhaps there's a config file or something you can adjust for the /sys layout?
alshain
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, oops - this was meant to be in the 2.6.0-test6 thread, hence the somewhat chatty and aimless content!

Gkrellm2 was working fine with the /sys layout with test5 so something must have changed between that and the new version. Doesn't look like there's anything that can be configured in the configuration file so I'll just have to cope with the shakes until a new version appears. :?

Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: