ALSA Compiler Error on a VIA EPIA M
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoE_MadCow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: ALSA Compiler Error on a VIA EPIA M Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to install a new version of the alsa drivers (0.9.3c) and I'm getting some errors during compile and the compile is failing. Here's the error that I get:

Code:

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/work/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/acore'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE=1 -I/var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/work/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/include  -I/usr/src/linux/include -O2 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i486 -falign-functions=0

-falign-jumps=0 -falign-loops=0 -DLINUX -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -pipe -DALSA_BUILD   -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c memalloc.c
In file included from memalloc.c:11:
/var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/work/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/include/adriver.h:180: redefinition of `irqreturn_t'
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/interrupt.h:16: `irqreturn_t' previously declared here
make[1]: *** [memalloc.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/work/alsa-driver-0.9.3c/acore'
make: *** [compile] Error 1

!!! ERROR: media-sound/alsa-driver-0.9.3c failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 59, Exitcode 2
!!! Parallel Make Failed

Does anyone have some ideas on what to do here?
The strang thing is, that this error only occures on versions higher than 0.9.2. At the moment I've installed 0.9.2 but I like to update to solve the problem with crackling sound on my Epia M board.

Any hints?

MadCow
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: