Screen Blanking
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raid517
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Screen Blanking Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering, how do I stop screen blanking during a compile? It's a feature I find very annoying, especially if I have to get up and walk across the room and keep hitting alt to keep an eye on progress.

I haven't got a GUI installed yet, so its just the command line screen blanking that I want to stop.

Please advise.

Q
raid517
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps I know some folks will say, 'use the search button', but the search button is currently broken. If you read the anouncements you will see they are spliting the forum data base to try to make the forum faster.

Also on the one occasion today when the search button worked, most of the posts I found were about 'apm'. I don't use apm, I use acpi (I figured, 'why not?', since the 2.6 kernel I am using has greatly enhanced acpi support.

Well anyway, I'm stuck - and this is one annoying feature about gentoo. I can undestand it for laptops, but not necessarily for desktops.

The problem is I can often leave a process running for hours before I ever notice it has faild. Only when I get up and look at the screen again can I be sure if something has worked or not.

Q
raid517
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps I know some folks will say, 'use the search button', but the search button is currently broken. If you read the anouncements you will see they are spliting the forum data base to try to make the forum faster.

Also on the one occasion today when the search button worked, most of the posts I found were about 'apm'. I don't use apm, I use acpi (I figured, 'why not?', since the 2.6 kernel I am using has greatly enhanced acpi support.

Well anyway, I'm stuck - and this is one annoying feature about gentoo. I can undestand it for laptops, but not necessarily for desktops.

The problem is I can often leave a process running for hours before I ever notice it has faild. Only when I get up and look at the screen again can I be sure if something has worked or not.

Q
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: