Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
What happened to the DVD's on Gentoo's store?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickaroo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: What happened to the DVD's on Gentoo's store? Reply with quote

I just browsed the store and noticed they no longer sell Gentoo DVD's? I guess it's not really needed with rolling releases but it's a nice little keepsake to have. I had a strange request - I wanted to ask if they could print/burn me a 2004.1 DVD since that was my first gentoo release, but it's a shame they don't do any DVD's anymore =(.

I got a 2004.3 from the store many years ago (Image of it here) but it's not the same.
Registered Linux user #364515 (Jun, 2004)
chickaroo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or does anyone know where else I could get an exact duplicate of the original 2004.1 gentoo x86 DVD? or the logo/graphics/artwork they use? has some real nostalgic value for me =D
Registered Linux user #364515 (Jun, 2004)
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickaroo ...

I can remember seeing one, but I'm fairly sure I don't have one. As for the artwork, I think that Matteo "Peach" Pescarin may have been the designer, at least this would coincide with the logos of that period (the 2004.3 was, I think, by peach).

There is some artwork and history here, and prehaps the authors of that page would have some idea where additional artwork could be found.

So, you might have to ask arround but probably that particular artwork is knocking about, finding a disk, however, may be difficult ... if someone has held onto them for 8 years they probably hold a similar value to them as they do yourself ...

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: