View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opascariu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Failed Running automake for evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2 Reply with quote

Hi,

While doing a major update, it seems that automake fails to run for evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2.
I have managed to update all the pacackages except evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2. I have ran
[revdep-rebuild] several times until there was not package to be emerged and I have alsi re-emerged all the system packages with
Code:
emerge -e system
but this doesn't seem to help.
Here are the messages I'm getting while trying to emerge evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2 and here is the automake.out file.
Also here is the output from emerge --info

Is there anything to do in order to successfully emerge evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2, or should I open a bug for this issue?

Thanks,
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opascariu,

Try it without -fomit-frame-pointer

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
opascariu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed -fomit-frame-pointer from CFLAGS variable from /etc/make.conf and tried to emerge evolution-data-server-2.32.3-r2, but the behavior remains the same.
Does the CFLAGS variable affect the behavior of automake or only the behavior of the compiler? Because in my case, the emerge process does not get past automake.
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opascariu wrote:
Does the CFLAGS variable affect the behavior of automake or only the behavior of the compiler? Because in my case, the emerge process does not get past automake.

You're absolutely correct - I wasn't paying attention :oops:

I have it installed here and didn't even know it. I don't use evolution mail :(

I just tried to configure it and it was OK for evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r2, :) but I got a automake error with r1 :(

* Running automake --add-missing --copy --foreign ... [ !! ]

* Failed Running automake !
* Include in your bugreport the contents of:
* /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r1/temp/automake.out

* ERROR: gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r1 failed (prepare phase):
* Failed Running automake !

Code:
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r2/work/evolution-data-server-3.2.3 ...
 * Applying evolution-data-server-3.2.2-gmodule-explicit.patch ...                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying evolution-data-server-3.2.2-g_thread_init.patch ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying evolution-data-server-3.2.3-caldav-cannot-modify.patch ...                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying evolution-data-server-3.2.3-google-calendar.patch ...                                                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r2/work/evolution-data-server-3.2.3' ...
 * Running autopoint --force ...                                                                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * Running intltoolize --automake --copy --force ...                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * Running gtkdocize --copy ...                                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Running libtoolize --install --copy --force --automake ...                                                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Running aclocal -I m4 ...                                                                                                                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Running autoconf ...                                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Running autoheader ...                                                                                                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --foreign ...                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Running elibtoolize in: evolution-data-server-3.2.3/
 *   Applying portage/1.2.0 patch ...
 *   Applying sed/1.5.6 patch ...
 * Fixing OMF Makefiles ...                                                                                                                                                                             [ ok ]
include version 4.8
>>> Source prepared.

This is on x86_64 so it might be a little different. Does version r1 configure on your end :?:

UPDATE: I tried it on a x86 and it errored out - though different than yours :!:
***** autoconf *****
***** PWD: /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.2.3-r2/work/evolution-data-server-3.2.3
***** autoconf

configure.ac:1515: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.

I'd write a bug at this point :wink:

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
opascariu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use evolution either, but it is required by the gnome metapackage. So the fact that it fails to compile doesn't affect me so much, but I hate to have packages that don't compile:)
Quote:
I'd write a bug at this point

Then' I will write a bug later today.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: