View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moriah
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: HELP: menus, titles, etc got HUGE in twm & ctwm Reply with quote

After routine weekly updates this past weekend, on only one of my systems, a gentoo x86_64 system running in a vmware workstation under gentoo x86_64, my menus and titles in ctwm and twm got messed up. It looks like there is a blank line above and below each title tab or menu item. The text is the correct size and font, but there is blank space above and below the text about the same height as the text itself. Its weird, because I have 2 other systems running ctwm also, and they are not showing this symptom.

I looked at the system default twmrc and ctwmrc, but nothing fishy there. I then forced a downgrade install of twm and ctwm, but the problem was still there. I edited my ctwmrc to change the title font, but the problem was still there.

I have no idea what changed, but it sure is obnoxious having such huge title tabs and menu items. My pop-up menu is now so tall from all the extra blank space that it barely fits on the screen.

Does anybody know what is causing this weird problem?

Foghorn Leghorn is a Warner Bros. cartoon character.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I've got similar issue with my X-server several months ago though. It messed up the DPI to be 355x355 (!?)
Then I had to put in

Option "DPI" "96 x 96"

in my Xorg.conf under the gfx-card section to fix it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: