SBLive, front headers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveed22
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: SBLive, front headers Reply with quote

I posted this email on my lug, but no luck so I hope someone here can answer this for me. Really I would like to keep using the SBLive if at all possible.
Just some questions concerning some sound issues I am having with games in Linux. I have a SBLive and a Via 82xx built in sound system. I normally run the SB live and I have no issues concerning sound in games, i.e. popping and hissing just general bad sound quality. I bought a new xpider from Chenbro that has the standard microphone and headphone connecter for the front panel, which shuts the speakers off when you plug in headphones. I want to be able to use this and the SBlive doesn’t support this, as far as I know. Questions are: 1. Does anyone know of a separate soundcard or even a motherboard integrated solution (I am looking at upgrading) 2. Is it possible to wire the SBLive to work? 3. Are there better drivers than the alsa drivers I am currently using?

Just in case you need to know, I am running gentoo-stable on a MSI KT3-Ultra-ARU with 512mb ram, an Athlon XP 1800, and a GeForce2 TI. I use the gaming-sources kernel and I started from stage 1. The problem appears in most first-person shooter games only with the Via chip.

Thanks, Steve
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: