View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonely-Star
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Different Backgrounds for all the 4 Gnome-Desktops Reply with quote

Is it possible? It would be very helpfull because in my case I use every desktop for a different purpose and that way I could see on which desktop I am very fast!
Thanks
cryos
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually asked about this a few weeks ago, and received no reply at all from anyone. I am assuming this is not possible, and all my googling failed too. I have stuck to my vow and am still using Gnome at present - but I do think I am going to return to KDE as it does seem to have a much higher level of functionality and the speed is about the same on both as far as I can tell.

I do like GTK but Gnome doesn't seem to allow the level of customisation I have grown accustomed to in KDE. I do like GTK apps though, and some things about Gnome. I have heard about people using different Window Managers with Gnome but I can't seem to find any clear tutorials or information on how to go about it.

I have a little spare time though at the moment so I do plan to do a little more research and I have nearly finished compiling openoffice-ximian too... I will post back if I find a method of changing each desktop background though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: