View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RafeDawg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: kdebase emerge fails Reply with quote

I'm trying to emerge kdebase, and it just doesn't seem to want to stick. All the dependencies are satisfied, and when I run "emerge kdebase" it chugs away for a good half day, but the emerge exits without any of the usual fanfare about updating config files, and searching around my system reveals none of the binaries one would expect from kdebase, like konqueror or kdm. Portage doesn't report an error though, and the only thing notable in /vart/log/emerge.log is the absence of any "Post-Build Cleaning" between "Compiling/Merging" and "terminating." I'm presently trying an emerge --resume, which seems to be starting over from the beginning (and I forgot to emerge ccache, sigh). Does anybody have any idea what could be going on here, and what I could do to fix it?

Also helpful would be a way to get a more detailed log of the build, to find out exactly where it stops. /var/log/emerge.log is pretty light on the details; is more detailed info for a given emerge logged anywhere? I poked around in /var/tmp/portage/kdebase and couldn't find anything.

Here are some technical details which may or may not be relevant:

package = kdebase-3.1.4
CFLAGS = "-Os -s -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=pentium2"
USE = "-gnome -gtk alsa apm arts atlas avi doc emacs imap java jpeg kde mozilla opengl pam pdflib perl png qt quicktime samba sse tiff truetype X xv x86"

Any help would be most appreciated

Rafe
dwblas
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with kdemultimedia. It was looking for bzip2 in /sys/aps/bzip2. It is actually in /app-arch/bzip2. A symlink fixed the problem. Check to see where yours is located. HTH.
MOB*
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwblas wrote:
I had a problem with kdemultimedia. It was looking for bzip2 in /sys/aps/bzip2. It is actually in /app-arch/bzip2. A symlink fixed the problem. Check to see where yours is located. HTH.

I've got the same problem I think. Can you please take a look at it https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=116232
Is it also possible to explain the solution a bit more coz I'm a total noob, I've been using Linux for 5 days :oops:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: