Please Help! Can't write; everything is Read-Only
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sikander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Please Help! Can't write; everything is Read-Only Reply with quote

Hi,

Okay, I intsalled Gentoo last month without a hitch by following the guide. It connected to the internet and got the packages and all was good. Well, when it rebooted and I was ready to "emerge sync" and install X I had a few problems. It couldn't fins the internet connection it just used AND lilo.conf and /etc/fstab were all read-only. I figured I should go to bed and work on it in the morning. No luck. I have done interenet searches and read the posts here and nothing helped. So now I ask you for help.

First the basics:

AMD Duron 1.13 (1 GHz overclocked 233 FSB), 256 MB DDR PC-2100, Cox High Speed Internet, no firewalls or proxies, 10GB Hard drive, dual-boot with Windows 2000.
Install was the Basic.

Here is the stuff I get:

Code:
 hub.c: new USB device 00:02.0-1, assumed address 2
input0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Mouse] on USB1:2.0
INIT:Version 2.84 booting

Gentoo Linux;http://www.gentoo.org/
Copyright blah, blah, blah */ <-- I forgot to write this down

*Mounting prco at /proc... [OK]
*Mounting devfs at /dev... [OK]
*Starting devfsd...
        Started device magangemnet daemon v1.3.25 for /dev [OK]
*Activating (possible) swap...
       Adding swap:506480k swap-space (priority-1) [OK]
*Remounting root filesystem read only (if necessary)... [!!]

*checking root filesystem...
fsck:fsck.Reiserfs:not found
fsck:Error 2 while executing fsck.Resierfs for /dev/hda7 [OK]
*Remounting root filesystem read/write..
*Root filesystem could not vbe mounted  read/write :( [!!]

[color=green]Give root passsword for maintenance[/color]
[color=blue](or type Control-D for normal startup)[/color]:modprobe:
modprobe:Can't locate module mousedev

I added the colors to make refrencing and reading easier.
If I type Control-D I get:

Code:
[color=blue]Error making directory "/lib/dev-state/vc/4"
error making tree for "lib/dev-state/vc"

This is castle.uknown_domain (Linux i686 2.4.20-gentoo-r7) 10:25:01

Castle Login: Adrian
Error making directory "lib/dev-state/vc" Read only file system
error making directory "lib/dev-state/vc/1"
Error making directory "lib/dev-state/vc" Read only file system
error making directory "lib/dev-state/vc/1"
Psswrd: */I enter it

login(pam-unix)[855]:Session opened for user adrian by (uid=0)
pam-console [839]: Could not open lock file /var/run/console/adrian,
dissallowing console access
adrian$[/color]

If I SU from "adrian@castle.adrian$" I get:

Code:
root@castleadrian#

Then I...

Code:
emerge sync
>>>Starting rsync with rsyn:/rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo portage in
rsync:getaddrinfo:rysnc.gentoo.org 873:
Temporary failure in name resolution
rsync error: error in Socket IO (code 10)
at clientserver.c (83)

It tries three times and then...

Code:
!!!Rsync has not successfully finished.
!!!   keep trying
!!!   or use emerge -webrsync
!!!
!!!

root@castle adrian#

So I figure I'll set my defualt OS at boot time from Linux to Win2000 and when I try to modify lilo.conf it says it'sa read-only file system. I cover this in greater detail under the root maintence/green option below.

If at the choice I instead enter my root password I get...

Code:
[color=green]bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# nano -w /etc/lilo.conf

(I change default=linux tp default=dos and..)

^X
save? Y
name? (I hit enter)
Could not open file for writing: Read-only file system
^X
save? N

bash-2.05b#cd /etc/
#ls -l lilo.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 260 Sep 23 12:25 lilo.conf
#chmod 777 lilo.conf
chmod:changing permissions of 'lilo.conf':Read-only file system
#chmod 7777 lilo.conf
chmod:changing permissions of 'lilo.conf':Read-only file system
#hdparm /dev/hda  */same for all. hda1,2,5,6 and 7
multcount=0 (off)
IO_Support=0 (default=16bit)
unmasking=0(off)
using_dma=1 (on)
keepsettings=0(off)
readonly=0(off)
readahead=8 (on) 
#stat /dev/hda
*/stuff on top I didn't write down. looked unimportant
Access:(0555/lr-xr-xr-x) Uid:(0/root) Gid: (0/root)
Access:2003-10-08 00:00:16.000000000 -0700
Modify: 2003-10-07 23:56:35.000000000 -0700
Change: 2003-10-07 00:00:35.000000000 -0700
#nano -w /etc/fstab[/color]

The below is the parts from my /etc/stab

Quote:
/dev/hda5 /boot ext3 noauto,noatime 1 2
/dev/hda7 / Reiserfs noatime,notail 0 1
/dev/hda6 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

Here i think maybe I'm not SU so I type "su" and hit enter and I get "su(pam_unix) [595]: session opened for user root by (uid=0)" Does that mean I wasn't SU before? Anyway...

Code:
[color=green]bash-2.05b#mount -l
#ls /mnt/gentoo
ls:/mnt/gentoo:No such file or directory
#mount /dev/hda5 /boot
#mount /dev/hda7 /
mount:/dev/hda7 already mounted or / busy
#mount /dev/hda6
[mntent]: line 13 in /etc/fstab is bad
mount:mount point none does not exist
#umount /dev/hda5
umount:/dev/hda5:not mounted
#umount /dev/hda5 /boot
umount: /dev/hda5:not mounted
error copying: "/dev/initctl" to "/lib/dev-state/initctl"
#mount /dev/hda5
[mntent] line 13 in /etc/ftsab is bad
#mount /dev/hda5 /boot
mount:/dev/hda5 already mounted or boot / busy
#fsck
fsck may cause damage to a mounted file system
continue anyway [Y/N]
#N
#fsck /dev/hda6
fsck1.33(21-Apr-2003)
fsck.swap:not found
fsck:Error 2 while executing fsck.swap for /dev/hda6
#fsck /dev/hda7
fsck1.33(21-Apr-2003)
fsck.reiserfs:not found
fsck:Error 2 while executing fsck.reisefs for /dev/hda6
#fsck /dev/hda5
fsck1.33(21-Apr-2003)
e2fsck 1.33(21-Apr-2003)
/dev/hda5: clean, 26/17064 files, 9419/68008 blocks[/color]

I read about the "mount -l" and "ls /mnt/gentoo" from a post on this forum that was about a similar problem.

So what am I to do? I can't write anything to the disk. No mkdir or nano'ing a new file. I also can't change any settings. I don't really know what to look for. Can somenody please help me? It took me something like 24 hour to compile linux (with one sleeping break) and I really want Gentoo to work. Any suggestions appreciated. I you need anymore info, please just tell me the commands to use. I am fairly new at Linux though I have used Mandrake for awhile and Knoppix.

Thanks,

Adrian
Are`awn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: fsck problems Reply with quote

Your file system is prolly damaged. Type Control-D to get a console, then use the command fsck -y /dev/hda7 to fix the damage. Hopefully it will repair it. Once it is done, reboot. Hopefully you will be fine after that.
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sikander,
I had a similar problem, when you built your kernel, did you compile Reiserfs into the kernel?

Pete
akvalentine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First guesses: Did you remember to emerge sys-fs/reiserfsprogs? Are you sure you made your root partition reiserfs? Did you compile reiserfs support into your kernel?

Boot up your Gentoo Live and see if you can mount your HDD read/write to make changes to it. Try mounting it without specifying the fs type and let mount guess what it is.

Code:

mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/gentoo
mount /dev/hda5 /mnt/gentoo/boot

If this doesn't work, post your results and I'll see if I can help some more.

If this works, run 'mount' by itself to see what fs type it used.

Now run:
Code:

cd /mnt/gentoo
chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
. /etc/profile

You will now be running inside your gentoo system, just like durring the install. Take this opportunity to verify that the /etc/fstab settings match your partition and fs types, and make sure that you emerge
sys-fs/reiserfsprogs if you haven't already, and recompile your kernel if needed.

Good luck!
Sikander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: fsck problems Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Are`awn wrote:
Your file system is prolly damaged. Type Control-D to get a console, then use the command fsck -y /dev/hda7 to fix the damage. Hopefully it will repair it. Once it is done, reboot. Hopefully you will be fine after that.

Are`awn: Thanks. I'll try this next. Hopefuly that fixes it.

Pete_Keller wrote:
Sikander,
I had a similar problem, when you built your kernel, did you compile Reiserfs into the kernel?

Pete

Pete: I did "genkernel" The manual said it would detect all my hardware and such like the Live CD. However, I checked the USE flags that I added to my /etc/make.conf and I notice that I didn't mention it anywhere. I don't think that it was a choice from the 'use-how-to' html. Here's what I added (please note that I am a newbie and am worried that I made a big mess here. I didn't really undesrtand the USE flags. With that said...

USE="3dnow aalib acpi alsa apm arts avi cdr crypt curl dga emacs encode esd evo gd ggi gif gpm gtk icc icc-pgo imap ipvb imlib java jpeg kde lcms ldap libg++ mad matrox mmx mozilla mpeg ncurses nocd oggvorbis opengl oss pdflib perl png python qt quicktime readline sdl slang spell sse ssl svga tcltk tcpd tiff truetype usb videos wmf x xml xml2 xmms xv zlib x86"

Does that help?

akvalentine wrote:
First guesses: Did you remember to emerge sys-fs/reiserfsprogs? Are you sure you made your root partition reiserfs? Did you compile reiserfs support into your kernel?

Boot up your Gentoo Live and see if you can mount your HDD read/write to make changes to it. Try mounting it without specifying the fs type and let mount guess what it is.

Code:

mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/gentoo
mount /dev/hda5 /mnt/gentoo/boot

If this doesn't work, post your results and I'll see if I can help some more.

If this works, run 'mount' by itself to see what fs type it used.

Now run:
Code:

cd /mnt/gentoo
chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
. /etc/profile

You will now be running inside your gentoo system, just like durring the install. Take this opportunity to verify that the /etc/fstab settings match your partition and fs types, and make sure that you emerge
sys-fs/reiserfsprogs if you haven't already, and recompile your kernel if needed.

Good luck!

Akvalentine: I don't think I ever did "emerge sys-fs/reiserfsprogs" becaus I don't see it in my manual. I did do "emerge -k reiserfsprogs." Is that the same thing? As far as root partition as Reiserfs I totally believe so, however, how would I double check this for you? Oh, do 'fidsk.' I will double check when I reboot. As far as building it in the kernel, I don't think so. I did genkernel and I thought it took care of all the options. I mention my USE flags to Pete above if that will help. I will try the Gentoo live thing as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone for all your help so far.

Adrian
Sikander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Quick Update (Re: fsck problems) Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a quick update on this mess.

Are`awn wrote:

Are`awn: I just tried it and here's what happened. Control-D and then I did the fsck -y /dev/hda7 and it was an unrecognized command. So I logged in as root and when I did it I got back:

Code:
fsck:fsck.Reiserfs:not found
fsck:Error 2 while executing fsck.Resierfs for /dev/hda7

akvalentine wrote:

Akvalentine: I haven't tried the live CD yet but I did do "cfdisk" as root and I got back this...

Code:
hda1                             Primary      NTFS
hda5          Boot                Logical      Linux ext3
hda6                             Logical      Linux Swap
hda7                             Logical      Linux Reiserfs

I think that rules out the partiton being another file system type. I'll do the live Cd next for confirmation.

Thanks,

Adrian
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sikander,
When you are in the system, grep /proc/config reiserfs (I may have the commands backwards, you might have to try grep reiserfs /proc/pci ... I love being on a windows machine at work.), and check if it said yes. I think this is your problem.

Pete
akvalentine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Typo: grep reiserfs /proc/pci

Should be:

Code:
grep -i reiserfs /proc/config

Where would he run this? If he cannot read his root partition, he cannot access the grep command. If he runs it from the LiveCD, he will get the LiveCD's kernel configs. . .

Try this instead, follow my above instructions to boot to the LiveCD and chroot into your installed system, then cd /etc/kernels and type:
Code:
grep -i reiserfs config-[kernel name]

If you get back
Code:
CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=n

Then you are missing reiserfs in your kernel.

Run
Code:
genkernel --config

and find reiserfs under the file-systems section and turn it on. I usually don't use a module for the root fs, but you can if you want.
mike4148
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: SIMPLE SOLUTION!!! Reply with quote

Stop! Stop everything! It's much simpler!!! In /etc/fstab, find the line for your root partition. For the filesystem, you have
"Reiserfs." That's the whole problem; it should be "reiserfs." It's case sensitive. Everything will be fixed.
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike4148: Good catch, I have not used reiserfs, and would not have caught it, when I had my problem, I set the option field to defaults vice default.

Akvalentine: we should have had him cd to /usr/src/linux, and do grep reiserfs .config (note, this is for anyone else reading this thread)

Pete
Sikander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First: RARGH!!! Adrian Smash!!!! :D

Second: With the Live CD I "links2" this forum and read the last three posts. I was thinking about trying to post but changed my mind. Anyway I changed the /etc/fstab to lowercase and rebooted. No luck! However, this is really odd...

I changed while in Live CD after doing all the mounting and chrooting and stuff the lilo.conf to give me 120 (12 seconds) on the time and the default to dos. However, when the computer starts LiLo gives the original settings of 10 seconds and Linux. But when I do my nano -w that gives me the "read-only" message the settings are the changed ones. So now I'm suspicious. Why would that not be fixed? Does Gentoo keep a secret backup copy somewhere. Under Live CD I can read AND write with ease. But without it it's the same "read-only" message I have been getting.

Grep was not working, probably cause I have trouble with the kernel name part. I tried..

#grep -i reiserfs config-linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r7
and
#grep -i reiserfs config-kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r7

I haven't tried the 'Grep -i reiserfs /proc/config' yet but I will.

However, I did #nano -w /etc/kernels/default-config and then with ^W I found the following line:

CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y

It was un #'ed. I also took the chance under Live CD to #emerge sys-fs/reiserfsprogs. When I did the mounting parts earlier I got:

Code:
#mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/gentoo
reiserfs:checking transaction log (device 03:07)...
usings hash to sort names
Reiserfs version 3.6.25
#mount /dev/hda5 /mnt/gentoo/boot
*/said nothing
#mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/state/inited type tmpfs (rw, mode=0644, size=20486)
tmpfson /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /lib/dev-state type usbfs (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on /mnt/cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
/mnt/cdrom/livecd.cloop on /mnt/cloop type ext2 (ro)
tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw, size=246765k)
/dev/hda7 on /mnt/gentoo type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda5 or /mnt/gentoo/boot type ext3 (rw)

Do you think that it maybe the kernel? I guess I can just reconfigure with the 'genkernel --configure' and hope that fixes it. What would I do after that? Just pickup in the manual after the kernel configuration section?

I mentioned earlier than under my Gentoo I have no network. Well, under live CD I can ping Yahoo till cows come home. I really wish this problem would pass so I could get on with the X windows and meat of my Linux system.

Do you think this could be because of Windows 2000?

Thanks again everybody for all of your help,

Adrian
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO ADRIAN (Sorry, just HAD to do that)

do not bother with grepping /proc/config, it will show the config of the kernel that was booted (which I believe would be the live cd). cd /usr/src/linux and then do a grep reiserfs .config

I would try to do a make menuconfig from in /usr/src/linux directory (I have heard horror stories of genkernel not working properly, I have never used it, however)

I do not believe that your internet problem is due to win2K.

Pete
akvalentine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy one first:

Quote:
I changed while in Live CD after doing all the mounting and chrooting and stuff the lilo.conf to give me 120 (12 seconds) on the time and the default to dos. However, when the computer starts LiLo gives the original settings of 10 seconds and Linux.

Lilo requires you to reload itself after making changes to its config file. One of the reasons I prefer grub, but that's another thread. . . After you make changes to /etc/lilo.conf, run:
Code:
lilo

This will cause lilo to reread the config file and update the MBR (or whereever you put it).

I dual boot with Win2K with no issues.

Pete_Keller is right about the /proc/config; you'll get the config of the running kernel.

I haven't used genkernel, but doing it the old fasioned way isn't so hard. When I was new to it, I'd have to recompile several times before I got all the options perfect, but it was a good learning experience.

Your best bet, I think, is to follow Pete_Keller's advice and run good old fashioned menuconfig. When configuring the kernel options, look through each section and read the help if you don't know what an option is. It takes a while, but it's worth it. Some tips:

In a seperate virtual terminal, type 'lspci' or 'cat /proc/pci' so you can reference your specific hardware.
Also type 'lsmod' in yet another virtual terminal so you can see what modules the LiveCD is using for your hardware.
If you are using an IDE cdburner, make sure you select:
'SCSI CD-ROM support' and 'SCSI generic support' under 'SCSI Support' and also 'SCSI emulation support' under 'ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support ---> IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices'
Make sure that you select both '/dev file system support' and 'Automatically mount at boot' under 'File systems'.
Of course make sure you select all of the other file systems you need, like reiser, ext2, ext3, DOS/VFAT etc. (note ext2 is called 'Second extended fs support')

I always found it help full as a newbie to compile everything into the kernel and skip the modules altogether. Your call of course.

In case you don't know how, here you go:
Code:

cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig

When done configuring:

make dep && make clean && make -j2 bzImage && make -j2 modules && make -j2 modules_install

When finished compiling, before you type anything else, type:
echo $?

You should get a zero back meaning all of the compiles finished cleanly.  If you get a different number, check the display for errors and/or rerun each make by itself to find the error.

On succesful compile, copy /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot and rename it to whatever you want (or leave it as bzImage, your call), change lilo.conf to reflect the new kernel, run lilo to update the MBR and reboot.

For more detailed info and instructions, try here http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/

Good Luck!
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sikander,
If your machine is a low end machine, you might want to drop the "-j2" from the kernel compile line that akvalentine listed.

I had trouble with swap space on a small slow machine because I had -j2 selected. It causes two copies of cc to run and compile your program (with a fast, large memory machine it works fine).

Pete
mike4148
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! I thought I had it figured out there with the 'Reiserfs'->'reiserfs':(.... Next step: boot into your read-only
system, run the following command:
Code:
mount / -n -o remount,rw

and get back to us with the output. You'll see the error message that is causing your problems; the Gentoo boot scripts filter it
out completely.
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Toledo, Ohio,USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this same problem. I bought a used thinkpad T30 and started installing gentoo this morning. after 2 hours of messing with it I finally realized that I had "defaults" listed in my fstab. I changed that to "noatime" and now everything works great!

Hope this helps you.
rum
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents:

I had the same problem with read write on my root partition.
I went into /etc/fstab and found I had some old settings for nis or nfs. I just deleted them, and what remained was:

/dev/hda3 / reiserfs noatime,rw

it it worked great.
Sikander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

He Everybody,

So so long since my update. I had some stuff I had to do and couldn't work on Gentoo as much as I wanted. Anyway...

I made a new kernel and it did NOT help. I still got only read only partitions and now I got messages that various *.o files were missing.

When I typed:

Code:
mount / -n -o remount, rw

Nothing happened. It went down to a new prompt.

I double checked my fstab and it was fine.

Then I added the rw after noatime and BAM!!! The system worked.
So I changed back to my original kernel, the one by Genkernel, and booted up again.
It loads nice and quickly and cleanly (lots of green "OK" s all over the place) :D

The ony two problems I have now that don't really qualify in this section of the forum are:

1) My networking never works off the bat. I always have to type "dhcpcd eth0" each time. Then it works like a charm.

2) 'emerge xfree' has hung twice. Once after getting the sources, and once again (past the sources part on a reboot) while making an object. I will just keep rebooting and running the emerge until it hopefully completes since each time it gets farther.

I hope the next install manual adds the "rw" part to the reiserfs section.
I am psyched to have made progress and can't wait to get a windows manager and various progs (Mozilla, OpenOffice, XMMS, etc) so I can begin using it.

Thanks for all of your courtesy and help this past week. I read that one big difference in Windows and Linux users is that Linux users are much more eager to help a newbie out and troubleshoot, since they had to at some point in their *IX Birth.

Thanks Again,

Adrian
Pete_Keller
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikander,
try editing your /etc/conf.d/net, near the top is a section on dhcp, you might try adding it there.

Pete
rmsds
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Network Reply with quote

rc-update add default net.eth0

This adds the starting script net.eth0 that I believe already exists in your /etc/init.d/ directory (please check) to all the default runlevels.

It's all in the instalation guide...

About the rw option missing in the fstab line... It is probably in the guide also... Already installed gentoo into 3 or 4 laptops and 5 desktops, all with reiserfs and never had that problem... Just follow the guide...
swgeckoman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're hanging during xfree compilation, you might be overheating your processor. xfree takes over 24 hours on my pentium 100 and I had problems with lockups before I cleaned off all the dust and made sure it had a new fan blowing on it.
SuperJudge
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Help! Can't write; everything is Read-Only Reply with quote

I just had the same problem with my MAME machine, about 2 minutes ago, and I realized that, like an idiot, I accidently put ro in the mount options for / instead of /boot.