Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Help with XF86Config and dual monitors (ATi)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stu L Tissimus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Help with XF86Config and dual monitors (ATi) Reply with quote

Okay, I finally got into X without crashing my computer (it wouldn't detect mouse). YAY! So anyway, I got GNOME installed on here, and then installed ati-drivers. YAY! It worked. YAY! I did fglrxconfig. YAY! I cannot figure out if I want to select Big Desktop or Dual Head. Not yay!!!

I want it set up so that my 17" CRT monitor, which is on the left, and plugged into the VGA port, to be my primary monitor. I want my 15" LCD, which is on the right side of my desk, and is plugged in to the DVI port with the DVI adapter, to be my secondary monitor. I don't know how to do this. I will link to my curent XF86Config-4 on it as soon as possible.

My current XF86Config-4 has a few problems. First off, my LCD, the one on the right side, is the primary monitor. Second of all, my one on the left is just plain messed up. First of all, it looks like the right side screen put into a blender, then cloned and put on the screen 5 times. It's weird. And it gets weirder. Then I find that if I move my cursor from my right screen to the rit, a partially-decipherable cursor appears from the left of my left screen. Weird. Anyway, I really don't know what to do. COuld osmebody help?

BTW, the monitor on the left is this: http://www.griffintechnology.com/archive/ monitors/Gatew06.html

And the one on the right is this: http://www.wynit.com/vendors/daewoo/specs/l510b.htm
Stu L Tissimus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, that space in between the / and the monitors is supposed to be there. Please add it in.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: