View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlinkEye
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: kde doesn't come up with nvidia-drivers Reply with quote

:?:

hi,
i'm using the nvidia-drivers (did everything discribed in the documentation):
# emerge nvidia-glx
# emerge nvidia-kernel
# nano -w /etc/X11/XF86Config
# modprobe nvidia

the module nvidia is loaded but when i type "xdm or startx" it starts up a gui with one window opened and a blue desktop (nothing else). in the window i got the message:"could not start kdeinit. check your installation". when i try to start kdm i got many messages (about 20) of the style "xyz: error while loading shared libraries: libart_lgpl_2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" (xyz ~ kdeinit, startkde, kde-config ...).
as i'm sure i didn't mess up with anything like the refreshrate of the monitor or so - i mean, i'm able to get a gui. but what should i do know? i can't simply (re)emerge kde.

any help truly appreciated, i don't get any further.

btw: because of the failure of the gui i updated my system and configs. the only difference is now, that twm (previously called by startx) doesn't show up anymore (the gui i get isn't the twm any more, i guess) as it used to be (was special to: black desktop with some drop-able windows - strange, isn't it?), but i get now the message about kdeinit as mentioned above.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: