View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zezz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: emerging kdegraphics-3.0.2 Reply with quote

When I try to emerge kdegraphics-3.0.2 the compile always stops at the same spot. It does this whether or not I emerge it or download the source and compile it by hand. It stops at

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/var/tmp/portage/libieee1284-0.1.6/image//usr/lib/libieee1284.la'
make[3]: *** [libkscan.la.closure] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.0.2/work/kdegraphics-3.0.2/libkscan'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.0.2/work/kdegraphics-3.0.2/libkscan'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.0.2/work/kdegraphics-3.0.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line -4761, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make

!!! emerge aborting on /usr/portage/kde-base/kdegraphics/kdegraphics-3.0.2.ebuild .

what bothers be is the // between libieee1284-0.1.6/image//usr/lib/

I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure what the problem could be.
any help please?
the regular kde 3.x compiled fine, just the emerge --update is giving me fits.
reverius42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: emerging kdegraphics-3.0.2 Reply with quote

zezz wrote:
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/var/tmp/portage/libieee1284-0.1.6/image//usr/lib/libieee1284.la'
what bothers be is the // between libieee1284-0.1.6/image//usr/lib/

Well, try something:

Code:
[user@host /home/user]# ls -la /var/tmp/portage/libieee1284-0.1.6/image//usr/lib/libieee1284.la

Does that work (show a file there)?
Then try:

Code:
[user@host /home/user]# ls -la /var/tmp/portage/libieee1284-0.1.6/image/usr/lib/libieee1284.la

Does that work (show a file there)? If they both work, it means the extra slash is irrelevant and you can ignore it (it's not the problem). If the first one doesn't work, but the second one does... that means the ebuild file needs to be edited to take out that slash! But... if neither of them work, then that file is missing... looks like a broken ebuild in that case.
zezz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: neither one works Reply with quote

I tried both ways and neither one works. the file does exist in /usr/lib/libieee1284.la

What bothers me is that I get the same error if I emerge the file or go to kde.org and download it in my home dir and compile it by hand.
reverius42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: neither one works Reply with quote

zezz wrote:
I tried both ways and neither one works. the file does exist in /usr/lib/libieee1284.la

What bothers me is that I get the same error if I emerge the file or go to kde.org and download it in my home dir and compile it by hand.

Hmm... I think I know what it is. It's not a broken ebuild... it's a broken makefile in the package itself! I think.

Sounds like they're using the wrong path in their makefile, and it can't find the file. Try two things: 1) if compiling manually, copy that file to the place where it's looking for it after it dies, then start it again w/ "make". 2) try a different version, which may have a different makefile.
zezz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried copying the file to where it's looking for it but the // throw me off. I can't make a dir using // can I? I've even looked in the makefile trying to solve my problem but since I don't know programming I get confused...
zezz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if it WAS a broken makefile shouldn't there be more people than me complaing about it? I don't think I am the only person using kdegraphics-3.0.2

Just a thought.

I'm still wondering if something on my box is wrong. everything else emerges fine though...
reverius42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: double slashes Reply with quote

zezz wrote:
I've tried copying the file to where it's looking for it but the // throw me off. I can't make a dir using // can I? I've even looked in the makefile trying to solve my problem but since I don't know programming I get confused...

Don't use the // ... just use a single / ... like I did in that example.
zezz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that I don't even use KDE as a desktop, I use fluxbox. I just compilied kde for the apps and now its bothering me that when I emerge anything I get that kdegraphics-3.0.2 staring at me.

Oh yeah, I tried making a directory like you said and it WORKED!!

Thanks, now I don't have to look at it anymore. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: