View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacksinsomnia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: gnome/metacity themes Reply with quote

I'm having a problem getting any new themes to work in gnome. I downloaded some from themes.freshmeat.net. I extracted them into ~/.themes but they did not show up in the theme application. I tried installing them through the theme application (both the tar's and the extracted directories) but they still didn't show up in the them chooser. I emerged metacity-themes and they did not show up in the them chooser either. I'm really at a loss on what to do next.
Karny
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that I need to close the theme app completely before it will see newly installed themes...

Not sure whether you've tried that yet...

Jabber: Karny@jabber.org
neuromancer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the themes your have downloaded are for Metacity they will not appear exclusivly in the Gnome theme box. Metacity themes only skin the window borders and buttons of your running apps, not Gnome itself. To fire up your downloaded metacity themes, enter the theme manager and click Theme Details. The 'Window Border' pane should now contain your new metacity themes. This way, you can combine two themes to get the best look.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, to check that they have been installed, you can also look into the hidden folder ~/.themes - if they are in there then they should be in the controls pane for sure.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: