View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aechols
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: glibc-debug equivalent Reply with quote

I'm having problems with nscd segfaulting now and then. It appears to have something to do with ldap authentication, but in any case nscd should not be segfaulting for any reason. This is especially unfortunate since it's on a production server, causing problems all over the place. I've managed to get coredumps, and the backtraces look like this:

Code:
#0  0x464a66e7 in __libc_disable_asynccancel () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x464941c4 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x0804af5b in geteuid ()
#3  0x46367af9 in pthread_start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

Unfortunately, all the libs ebuilt by glibc and nss_ldap have no debugging symbols, so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly why this happens. I've found that some distros have packages* like glibc-debug which install glibc with debugging info to an alternate location such as /usr/lib/debug, and then those libraries can be used by a particular program in need of debugging by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to that folder so no other programs use them. Is there any such equivalent with Gentoo's portage system, whether it's a modification to an ebuild, some environment variable, or some flag I can set? I'd rather not have to replace my perfectly-good-for-everything-else glibc with one that has debug stuff, but it's doable as a last resort. Thanks in advance.

*http://slackware.dsi.internet2.edu/slackware-9.0/extra/glibc-extra-packages/glibc-debug-2.3.1-i386-3.txt
aechols
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, wrong section. :? Is there a way to get this moved? Not sure how I ended up in desktop environments.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: