using start-stop-daemon does strange things to console
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zolcos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: using start-stop-daemon does strange things to console Reply with quote

I run a minecraft server and used to use one of the many sample initscripts out there that run the server within Screen. Recently I chose to write my own that uses start-stop-daemon instead, to make it work more like the other initscripts on my Gentoo system.

http://pastebin.com/CsL3U15W

My new initscript works better in terms of server stability, but there's a problem: using this script to start, stop, or restart the server causes the console to start rejecting every other keypress. To input any further commands I have to type each letter twice. This happens both at the local console and over SSH.
In fact the first local console is now broken on boot probably due to the script being run via OpenRC and I have to press Alt+F2 to log in locally.

Am I using start-stop-daemon incorrectly? Maybe the server isn't being backgrounded properly?
windex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastebin is blocking my IP, can you please post here?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: