[SOLVED] USB and mount the partition as a normal user
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] USB and mount the partition as a normal user Reply with quote

I have a problem with the mount, USB disks and disk partitions by ordinary mplayer environment LXDE with "pcmanfm" - root account and everything works ok

user belongs to the group

Code:

$ groups zbyszek
disk wheel floppy uucp cdrom video usb users plugdev

I created the file 55-storage.pkla in catalog /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d

content

Code:

[Storage Permissions]
Identity=unix-group:plugdev
Action=orgfreedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-eject;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-detach;org.fredesktop.udisks.luks-unlock;org.freedesktop.udisks.inhibit-polling;org.freedesktop.udisks.drive-set-spindown
ResultAny=yes
ResultActive=yes
ResultInactive=no

in file ~/.xinitrc I entry

Code:
exec ck-launch-session startlxde

The problem is that I can not mount the normal partition that is on the disk, and after inserting the usb "pcmanfm" detects my USB drive but when I try to mount any of them have a message

Code:

Not authorized to perform operation

Can I count on to help solve your problem?

Last edited by happ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
SamuliSuominen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*.pkla file format is obsolete and doesn't work anymore, but there is compability package sys-auth/polkit-pkla-compat that makes them work again.

but instead of installing sys-auth/polkit-pkla-compat, you should use *.rules files that go to /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/, you can look examples from here:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Polkit#Allow_mounting_a_filesystem_on_a_system_device_for_any_user

and here (notice the directory has both, old *.pkla and new *.rules for comparison):

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-misc/networkmanager/files/

and here (notice the directory has both, old *.pkla and new *.rules for comparison):

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-misc/modemmanager/files/

and you should verify your ConsoleKit session is working correctly, using first post of this thread:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858965-start-0.html
happ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as you said and I was not working but looking for further reasons and it turned out that I had not included some flag in the file "make.conf"

I solved the problem by using the command

Code:
USE = "pam policykit consolekit dbus udev udisks upower" emerge -auvDN world

once he has compiled these packages with the flags and everything works as it should and I also thanks to this activated options to turn on and turn off the computer with a regular user

Thanks for your help
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: