dnix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've submitted a bug to bugzilla ;)
[url]
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=115401
[/url]

now we only have to hope that some good ebuilder solve our problem (I've tryed but with no good results...)
cheers,
Denix
dnix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, my bugs is a duplicate...
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I´m sure this is not the right thread. But I´m asking here to hopefully get an answer of cinelerra user, that also use Gentoo.

I had no problems with installing cinelerra on an centrino notebook and an amd64 desktop.

But I have a problem getting keyframes to work. For me there are 3 possibilities:
a) I´m doing something wrong
b) It is a bug in in cinelerra
c) It is a bug in the gentoo version

Let´s describe. I want to fade out and in a second audio track (audio 3 and 4) in the tracklist. All cinelerra guides say, you have to use the view menu to enable keyframes (several ones). But in my version I have only one to choose from (plugin keyframes). And when I enable them I can generate keyframes and fade in and out audio-curves. It works for the moment. But when I save the file and the backup, quit and load the file again, there is nothing left of the keyframes.

That makes two questions:
1. Is it correct, only to have the choice of enabling plugin keyframes, nothing else. Or is there something missing in the menu?
2. Why are the generated keyframes with the curves not stored. Maybe I didn´t generate the keyframes the right way? I´m not sure.

Hopefully there is someone who is able and willing to answer my questions.

Thanks in advance

Frank
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckminster wrote:
But I have a problem getting keyframes to work. For me there are 3 possibilities:
a) I´m doing something wrong
b) It is a bug in in cinelerra
c) It is a bug in the gentoo version

I can generate keyframes and fade in and out audio-curves. It works for the moment. But when I save the file and the backup, quit and load the file again, there is nothing left of the keyframes.

The answer was b and now it's c. I've posted more about the bug here.
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

what about pulling the corrected version after 20051005, renaming it to 20051005 and taking it instead of the buggy one for the emerge. It could work.

Bye

Frank
tuxicated
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. It is said that one should compile x264 with USE="-X", but this ebuild has no such USE flag:

Code:

dik ~ # emerge -pv x264-svn

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/x264-svn-20051004-r1  -debug -threads 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

sorry that it took me weeks to understand that I asked the same question (save error, in my case it was fading with keyframes) second time in that thread. :oops:

I had been waiting for a new ebuild many weeks. It seems, that no one is maintaining this one anymore. Or are there other reasons for not bringing a new one in?

@ Plexroth: I would have tried to pull a new version, but I´m not sure if its the right one. I had to pull it with svn from the website. It has a lot more files than the old ones. I didn´ t try your tip yet. But I have to, cause I have to do a video project.

Is it right that it is now svn, or are there other repositories which work with cvs?

Did it work for anyone else?

Please reply. I didn´t try that before. Thanks.

Frank
genus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinelerra-cvs gives a very low framerate and choppy playback on my computer. Is this normal? I tried compiling the official version but no succes.

Im using
Code:
media-video/cinelerra-cvs-20051005  +3dnow +alsa +esd +mmx +oss -static 0 kB
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, buckminster, and lots of other people are complaining about disappearing keyframes in cinelerra-cvs-20051005.

I found that a bug was already posted in which the bug was fixed on 7th October, two days after the cvs snapshot in Portage was taken, but the bug was blindly closed as NEEDINFO with the terse reply "which version are you talking about?".

I've since discovered that only one file was changed two days after the cvs snapshot to fix this. I've bumped this bug with a different proposal: a patch which updates that file to the 7th October version, fixing the bug.

I've tried it, and it does indeed fix the bug!
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was very happy to read about the little patch. I tried to fix the problem.

First of all I had a warning, after patch ... finished its work, that it ended up in the middle of the line. Maybe its normal.

I started cinelerra after emerging. I was able to fade in, out and save it. Great, I thought. Then I tried to add audio tracks, to underlay the original dv with music, etc. When I dropped the sound file (mp3 as *.toc) the original video and audio disappeared.

It is an reproducable error.

@gkmac: The patch works, as long as you don´t add other tracks. Is it also an error that you have, or is it a problem that results on an error while patching.

An answer would be great.

Thanks in advance

Frank
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckminster wrote:
Then I tried to add audio tracks, to underlay the original dv with music, etc. When I dropped the sound file (mp3 as *.toc) the original video and audio disappeared.

It is an reproducable error.
It's reproducable here as well. Having empty video and audio tracks, I drag a video clip I've just loaded from the "Media" window to the video track and on it goes. I then drag an audio file to the audio track sitting underneath and on it goes, but the video above vanishes.
buckminster wrote:
Is it also an error that you have, or is it a problem that results on an error while patching.
I've just switched back to the unpatched 20051005 version and dragging in an audio file still causes the video to vanish, so it can't be the patch causing this.

The workaround is to place the edit-cursor to where you want the audio to start (to sync the audio starting with the video, move the mouse near the left/beginning of the video clip, it should change to a left-pointing arrow, and click), then in the media window, right-click the audio and select "Paste".
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gkmac,

ok. With your workaround it seems to work. Maybe I start with my video project this weekend, to try once more.

But the error with vanishing tracks didn´t appear in the old version.

Thanks so far.

Frank
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gkmac wrote:
The workaround is to place the edit-cursor to where you want the audio to start (to sync the audio starting with the video, move the mouse near the left/beginning of the video clip, it should change to a left-pointing arrow, and click), then in the media window, right-click the audio and select "Paste".

Actually I've just found a much simpler workaround. If you still want to drag items, make sure the video track is unarmed before dragging the audio clip across.

By "unarmed", I mean click the record symbol (red filled circle) of the video track so it no longer glows. "Unarming" a track means it is not affected by editing operations, so if you edit the audio you've just put in, don't forget to "rearm" it (by clicking the record symbol so it glows again).
buckminster
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

all that worked, but at the moment I have no more fade curves. I dont know why. Is it me, who is stupid, or are just all errors coming up?

I´m nearly at that point, to change the os for video editing. It should be my new hobby, at the moment I´m producing dv without the ability to edit.

Greets

Frank
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: